ADVERTISEMENT

Commercial Hatred

I'm going to bring one up and hope we can be adults about it. I'm just being honest here, the current local political ads for Governor that seem obsessed about trans surgeries is grating. A political ad is already annoying but when the subject of that ad is something to do with a personal surgery that won't affect most of us at any time, I gotta wonder why that's flooding the local market. It's like 5:30 am, the last thing I want to listen to is a narrator with a fake, spooky tone telling me about a social issue.

Anyway, I personally find radio commercials more annoying in general. There's a couple national spots that play on KSR multiple times a day. I've heard the little girl "I pledge a allegiance to the apple" Blessings in a Backpack one no less than 800 times. And it's been used for so long that the little girl is probably in college by now.

5 8 8 2 300 Empire....

^That ad agency needs a good nukin

If you lived in or visited Illinois and N Indiana during the 70s, 80s or 90s, you probably heard that and wished you hadn't. Buddy met the Empire guy at a Bears game and said he wished he could gouge out the brain cells that song occupied and hand them to him right then and there. Asked my friend to take a photo of he and his son... I don't know if he agreed, but I'd either refuse or ask for a grand gor pain and suffering to do so

I watch next to nothing live due to commercials. Most that people talk about I haven't seen.

I just hate all of the slowed down versions of pop songs that have become prevalent the last several years. There was an ESPN commercial at the beginning of the season that had a slowed down "Feel Good Inc" in it. WTF would you change that song?

• Love
Reactions: Girthang
Forget the jingle, I’m pretty pro Jewish and f Hamas along with anybody who supports Palestine right now. But if you look up what Kars for Kids does, you can see why sometimes the Jews get a bad wrap. Shady as shit.

I prefer wraps from Lebanese restaurants over those from Jewish delis.

(It's bad rap you idjit.)

• Love
Reactions: WayneDougan
I just hate all of the slowed down versions of pop songs that have become prevalent the last several years. There was an ESPN commercial at the beginning of the season that had a slowed down "Feel Good Inc" in it. WTF would you change that song?

Saw a preview for ‘the marvels’ with a weird remix of ‘intergalactic’ by the Beastie Boys and a preview of ‘napoleon’ with War Pigs by Black Sabbath.

Any commercial with an obvious over-abundance of multiculturalism and diversity in upper-class settings. That’s not reflecting reality which is the point.

Also skinny, bearded dudes in high tech ads with hig-pitched voices. I want to douse them with a bucket of water on sight.

Any commercial with an obvious over-abundance of multiculturalism and diversity in upper-class settings. That’s not reflecting reality which is the point.

Also skinny, bearded dudes in high tech ads with hig-pitched voices. I want to douse them with a bucket of water on sight.
According to commercials, every couple in America consists of a cute, light-skinned black woman with medium length natural hair and a skinny bearded white dude who likes to let his wife drive.

I only know two mixed raced couple where the dude is white and the wife is black. This is out of like the hundred couples I run around with. Which is apparently close to the national average (2%). Yet in commercials, it’s what, like 80%?

According to commercials, every couple in America consists of a cute, light-skinned black woman with medium length natural hair and a skinny bearded white dude who likes to let his wife drive.

I only know two mixed raced couple where the dude is white and the wife is black. This is out of like the hundred couples I run around with. Which is apparently close to the national average (2%). Yet in commercials, it’s what, like 80%?
All I ask for is truth I’m advertising. All aspects of it.

Reactions: WayneDougan
I can't stand? the woman who uptalks? throughout the entire Jacuzzi bathtub commercial? I can only assume? the director made a choice? to have her speak like that? to get our attention?

A disappointing pick for me, are those Andy Samberg Corona commercials.. every single one of them is just c-level humor. Which is sad, coming from a pretty talented and funny actor and writer.

Reactions: Louis_Skunt
Kars for Kids might be one of the worst in history. The girl on the drums isn't even making contact with the drums at all. And the song sucks.

Kars for Kids might be one of the worst in history. The girl on the drums isn't even making contact with the drums at all. And the song sucks.
From Wiki

The jingle has become the subject of public ridicule, as critics have considered it to be an annoyance; it was described by San Francisco Chronicle journalist Peter Hartlaub as an "assault on [the] senses".[32] On November 4, 2010, Don Imus was caught on a hot mic mocking a Kars4Kids ad during a commercial break of his radio show Imus in the Morning, telling the group to "go to hell" and jokingly blurting "I'll give you my Bentley, you moron."[30][33] Imus later apologized.[30][33] Vulture jokingly declared that the television version of the ad would bring end times.[30]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT