ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado and Sanders

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
Should really make people appreciate the class with which our staff has handled transfers and roster building. Its not a dumpster fire, but it's getting close to a Jerry Springer episode out there. I never thought Deion Sanders had such thin skin, but both he and his son are showing just that right now.

Should really make people appreciate the class with which our staff has handled transfers and roster building. Its not a dumpster fire, but it's getting close to a Jerry Springer episode out there. I never thought Deion Sanders had such thin skin, but both he and his son are showing just that right now.
Stoops warts and all…eons the coach prime time is!

I like Sanders a lot. Top athlete in his day, played two sports at a high pro level.

But that Tweet about that kid from Austin Peay was too much. Coaches can't attack players like that.

As far as his QB son, who is ranking him number one for next years draft after his 4-8 season? Does that sound like a winner?

Deion is about Deion….which is all well and good. But God coming from his mouth is either total baloney or his view of God is way wrong snd he doesn’t know it

The berating kids on Colorado when he got the job and video it for public display

Non stop self glorify

Bragging “ive got receipts “ after one wjn

Rap music all in his program locker room snd in his personal consumption

The non stop talk of Shaddeur and not the team as a whole

The list goes on snd on….dude ain’t about God much at all

Deion is about Deion….which is all well and good. But God coming from his mouth is either total baloney or his view of God is way wrong snd he doesn’t know it

The berating kids on Colorado when he got the job and video it for public display

Non stop self glorify

Bragging “ive got receipts “ after one wjn

Rap music all in his program locker room snd in his personal consumption

The non stop talk of Shaddeur and not the team as a whole

The list goes on snd on….dude ain’t about God much at all

Well, god a fiction created by man to control those not in power. But aside from that, when did it become known that god doesn't like rap? I always heard he was a big Tupac fan

Well, god a fiction created by man to control those not in power. But aside from that, when did it become known that god doesn't like rap? I always heard he was a big Tupac fan
One should probably learn more about what the Bible actually says, ancient historical documentations, writings of antiquity, archaeological discoveries, etc. before making ignorant claims on a public format.

One should probably learn more about what the Bible actually says, ancient historical documentations, writings of antiquity, archaeological discoveries, etc. before making ignorant claims on a public format.

All atheists talk big because they know that God is not a man-made god that legends say will instantly destroy those that curse them. They don't care now that He sustains their very existence, but they will blame others when they're face to face with Him and trembling. That's what free will is all about though.

Even local sports talk radio here in the Denver area are giving Prime some grief. I mean, it's OK to completely rebuild your roster twice in 2 years. But, publicly degrading a kid who you deem not good enough (for a team that finished 4-8, 1-8 and dead last in their conference?) is beneath contempt. Then to follow it up with a mini-argument about 'my kid's gonna get drafted top 5, where's your kid gonna get drafted?' is too juvenile and immature to do much more than shake your head at it.

Prime is as he's always been - all about Prime. He can wear religion on his sleeve all he wants and he may, in fact, be a pretty good guy. But, his main focus has always been on himself. I hear a few of his postgame comments after losses and it was 'I wanted it more than the players did', 'they aren't working as hard as I am', etc. Just way too many 'I'm great, you're not - why not?' comments for my taste.

I respect your right to believe however you want but as usual you guys always feel the need to belittle someone based on their ideology and belief system if it doesn’t align with your own. The discussion wasn’t about whether you believe in God or not, it was about Sanders portraying himself as a pastor when his actions are the exact opposite.

Prime and his son getting into Twitter arguments with and degrading Austin Peay football players is not a good look but I’m sure neither of them care as narcissists never do. He also calls himself a pastor. smh
What tweet?

They don't care now that He sustains their very existence, but they will blame others when they're face to face with Him and trembling. That's what free will is all about though.

And they are a tad behind the times.

Eighteenth and Nineteenth century science seemed to support atheism. Twentieth and early Twenty First century science has shredded it, leading formerly atheistic cosmologists, physicists and others in the scientific community to acknowledge the necessity of God.

Our Universe possesses infinite, finely tuned cosmological constants, and the simplest of life forms requires the double-helix alignment of billions of data entries (DNA).

Taken together, our existence is essentially impossible.

Yet, I stink, therefore I am!!

Prime and his son getting into Twitter arguments with and degrading Austin Peay football players is not a good look but I’m sure neither of them care as narcissists never do. He also calls himself a pastor. smh
Saw where one player got "cut" from the roster and when they brought him into the coaches office he said Prime didn't look at him or even acknowledge he was there. Someone else told him his scholly was pulled and he needed to leave. Dude said he tried to thank them for the opportunity and all and they just ignored him and told him "there's the door".

Just total classless man. I get the nfl mindset but you're dealing with kids just a year or 2 removed from HS. It's not that hard to say "good luck young man and thank you for your effort".

This time last yr the conventional thought was Prime was trying to win right away at Colorado then use that to move up to a power football school. Now, his complete disinterest in high school recruiting makes him unemployable at any program even slightly better than the Buffs.

FSU ain't hiring that mess. Nor Texas, or even an Auburn.

Reactions: Girthang
I was a big fan while he was at jsu. That level needed an unorthodox approach and his personality made up for the shortcomings of that level and he produced results.

At the big boy level, he needs to tone that down. Guys have too many options and being this over the top is just too much.

Hopefully he finds the right balance because I love most of what he does with accountability discipline. Those are two areas sorely lacking in major athletics.

Accountability and discipline works both ways.

You shouldn't lead and aren't "leading" a group of men if you can't look them in the eye yourself and tell them their scholarship is being revoked. That's not accountability. You were let into their homes and you offered a scholarship and told them you'd make them better (coach them up), and this is how you act towards them after less than a year of "coaching" ?

You can't effectively preach Christ and discipline if you can't control your tongue and emotions. It's just not a true walk.

I know from experience. You have to root out the lack of discipline from ALL areas, and it takes a lot of work and time. I fail at it regularly when it comes to seemingly insignificant areas (there are no insignificant areas).

Even local sports talk radio here in the Denver area are giving Prime some grief. I mean, it's OK to completely rebuild your roster twice in 2 years. But, publicly degrading a kid who you deem not good enough (for a team that finished 4-8, 1-8 and dead last in their conference?) is beneath contempt. Then to follow it up with a mini-argument about 'my kid's gonna get drafted top 5, where's your kid gonna get drafted?' is too juvenile and immature to do much more than shake your head at it.

Prime is as he's always been - all about Prime. He can wear religion on his sleeve all he wants and he may, in fact, be a pretty good guy. But, his main focus has always been on himself. I hear a few of his postgame comments after losses and it was 'I wanted it more than the players did', 'they aren't working as hard as I am', etc. Just way too many 'I'm great, you're not - why not?' comments for my taste.

I would laugh at the top 5 comment, but then I remember Anthony Richardson went 4th, so anything is possible.

I would laugh at the top 5 comment, but then I remember Anthony Richardson went 4th, so anything is possible.
QBs are like crack to NFL GMs. They just can't help themselves. From what I've seen and read, Shadeur doesn't have the ideal NFL measurables. Got beat to hell last year behind a bad OL. Prime has imported basically an entirely new OL so maybe his son will have a bit more time to throw. I don't know the other QBs who will go to the draft next year, but, if Shadeur is top 3 at his position, it's possible he'll go top 5 overall. I mean Michael Penix went 8th and Bo Nix went 12th (SIXTH!!! QB taken in first 12 picks) this year even though most draft 'experts' had them going in the 2nd round.

With the countless numbers of highly drafted QBs flaming out in the NFL, why GMs continue to reach for projects and guys who maybe look the part but don't have the college production to justify a high draft pick is beyond my comprehension.

Reactions: hmt5000
To hell with Deion Sanders. He’s no longer relevant as an athlete and he’s trying to feed his ego as a coach and it makes him look like an even bigger asshole. He’s become the laughingstock of CFB. We coming, lol

Reactions: rye48
I'm looking forward to the Nebraska-Colorado rematch this year. Lots of Huskers fans want revenge for last season and their team is much better.

I gave him some respect after he got on his players for not being serious about their coursework, but that's the only positive I've seen from him thus far.

I was a big fan while he was at jsu. That level needed an unorthodox approach and his personality made up for the shortcomings of that level and he produced results.

At the big boy level, he needs to tone that down. Guys have too many options and being this over the top is just too much.

Hopefully he finds the right balance because I love most of what he does with accountability discipline. Those are two areas sorely lacking in major athletics.
Right now I would say he's on a trajectory to fail epically.

You forgot humility

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Heard on local talk radio that there is already some finger pointing on the team, some pro teams have inquired if Shadeur has an attitude problem and, reportedly, there is a clique of about 20 players who hang with Shadeur and the rest are no names to him.

Pat Shurmer as OC is a very questionable hire as he's been pretty awful in his past few gigs.

If CU wins 8 games or more, no one will care. If they win 6 and get to a bowl, Prime will still be popular. If they fail to make a bowl game, there will be a lot of grumbling.

This local commentator went on to say he firmly believes this is Prime's last year in Boulder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT