ADVERTISEMENT

Collin Schlee

His last year at Kent St he threw for over a 2,000 yards if I remember correctly? Just know he is a mad man running the football. They said he would make us a more dangerous team because teams would have to prep for the Wildcat and this guy apparently runs like Forrest.
So would he be coming here as a QB or as some sort of hybrid all-purpose, keep defenses on their toes type guy? Sounds like a Lynn Bowden type QB.

So would he be coming here as a QB or as some sort of hybrid all-purpose, keep defenses on their toes type guy? Sounds like a Lynn Bowden type QB.
Think it mentioned it would give us a change of pace player. Sounds like a Wildcat type of QB to me. With the way Hamban likes to run his QB's he would be an important get IMO to take some pressure off of BV. Would have two guys that can run at QB effectively.

Last edited:
So I guess this means Beau Allen wasn't showing Hamden much this spring?
Not at all. Means that if a player as talented as this player is interested in your school you need to listen. BTW, in the little blip on TOS about Schlee it mentioned BV/Boley as UK QBs but no mention of Allen. FWIW.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Not at all. Means that if a player as talented as this player is interested in your school you need to listen. BTW, in the little blip on TOS about Schlee it mentioned BV/Boley as UK QBs but no mention of Allen. FWIW.
It said BV/Boley were the only two QBS ON SCHOLARSHIP on this years roster.

Which is true. Bo is not on scholarship.

So I guess this means Beau Allen wasn't showing Hamden much this spring?
BA is not a DT QB. Boley is not a DT QB.
BV is not a DT QB.
Bush Hamdan's offense is heavily dependent on QB run threat with run/pass options.

Think UT offense with Hendon Hooker at QB, just not exactly that fast pace, but close......real close.

IMO this QB is being considered and recruited as Def a better option to be 2nd string. Absolutely a better 3rd stringer.

It’s definitely interesting. The staff seems focused on adding players to help with rushing. It makes me wonder about the current running backs.

It’s definitely interesting. The staff seems focused on adding players to help with rushing. It makes me wonder about the current running backs.
Think it's a numbers/lack of experience thing more than anything else. Chip doesn't have a ton of carries or games under his belt, Demie isn't an every down back, then there's a RS freshman who missed last year with an injury plus 2 true frosh, one recovering from knee surgery. Easy to see the interest in Peny Boone plus this player.

To VA Tech. We are struggling in the portal now. Would have been nice to get this running QB. Still beating the bushes for DL, WR and now not as deep at QB as would have liked. Just don't think Boley will be close to ready to play.

To VA Tech. We are struggling in the portal now. Would have been nice to get this running QB. Still beating the bushes for DL, WR and now not as deep at QB as would have liked. Just don't think Boley will be close to ready to play.
We are not struggling in the portal. As of this morning, 82 scholarships are full on our 2024 roster. The spring transfer window is closed, so outbound attrition may be over until August. Maybe not, but our coaches can't count on other departures now. Our top remaining need is clearly WR and we need several more. Since Mincey, Ford, and Marques Cox are seniors, we also need another developmental OT. It is not clear that Schlee was ever offered a UK scholarship.

As of the spring game, Stoops and Hamdan have decided Beau Allen is the backup QB and Boley is in development. At least Boley knows the play book now and has arm talent. Each of us can have our own opinions about Boley, but very few college QBs look like Andre Woodson in their first spring practice. Woodson himself certainly didn't. We have been taking transfer QBs now for so long that many may have forgotten what player development looks like.

I am not sold on Beau Allen, who hasn't played college football in well over a year and couldn't win a job when he was here before. My suspicion is that our season would be hosed if Vandagriff gets hurt. But our coaches have studied the alternatives. Getting a QB to transfer in here to sit on the bench is hard to do. If our coaches believe Allen and Boley are their best alternatives, then it feels redundant to keep second guessing them. It's time to get on with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rudd1
Really liked the way Beau looked in the spring game. Not saying he is anywhere near the player that this kid is, but I’m not as worried now as I was before the spring. He had some nice throws and showed some arm strength. He has definitely grown as a QB.

We are not struggling in the portal.
Are referring to the numerous DL's we have pursued the last few weeks, the WR's we need at least one if not two and then missing the QB that would have bolstered the QB's. Before that we had a great haul on needs, just referring to finishing out our needs at a late hour.

We are not struggling in the portal. As of this morning, 82 scholarships are full on our 2024 roster. The spring transfer window is closed, so outbound attrition may be over until August. Maybe not, but our coaches can't count on other departures now. Our top remaining need is clearly WR and we need several more. Since Mincey, Ford, and Marques Cox are seniors, we also need another developmental OT. It is not clear that Schlee was ever offered a UK scholarship.

As of the spring game, Stoops and Hamdan have decided Beau Allen is the backup QB and Boley is in development. At least Boley knows the play book now and has arm talent. Each of us can have our own opinions about Boley, but very few college QBs look like Andre Woodson in their first spring practice. Woodson himself certainly didn't. We have been taking transfer QBs now for so long that many may have forgotten what player development looks like.

I am not sold on Beau Allen, who hasn't played college football in well over a year and couldn't win a job when he was here before. My suspicion is that our season would be hosed if Vandagriff gets hurt. But our coaches have studied the alternatives. Getting a QB to transfer in here to sit on the bench is hard to do. If our coaches believe Allen and Boley are their best alternatives, then it feels redundant to keep second guessing them. It's time to get on with it.
With Beau Allen here and having some playing experience and age, he should be the Backup and we should preserve Boleys redshirt if possible.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT