ADVERTISEMENT

Collin Chandler BBN Tonight

Cal did do a good job of recruiting high character guys while he was here. Coach Pope has obviously made that a priority too.
I have family that worked in Fayette Mall during the Cal years. A lot of players (not all or even a majority) would be regulars at their stores and expect handouts and free luxury items because of their status on the team. No please. No thank you. Just gimme.

There are always going to be turds in the punch bowl, but I feel like Cal recruited a fair few. Could chalk that up to immature high schoolers, perhaps.

Collin freakin Chandler!!! What a STUD this young fella is! I just have a crazy feeling that he’s gonna be such a pleasant surprise this year! Outside of us crazy CAT fanatics no one is really even speaking of the guy but I believe they’ll know damn good and well who he is in short order! LOVE the kid already!

Reactions: Fox2monk
A guy sitting the bench the entire time he was here, REFUSING to play, when his teammates needed him the most, is NOT a high character guy. Not by a long shot.
Not all of them were winners, but there are very few exceptions. You can hate Cal all you need, but there is no denying that almost all the players he recruited to Kentucky were good guys

Not all of them were winners, but there are very few exceptions. You can hate Cal all you need, but there is no denying that almost all the players he recruited to Kentucky were good guys
I agree with this 100%! All kinds of things we can knock Cal for but not this. Our guys were almost always respectful and stayed out of trouble. Bill Self takes the title of having the biggest bunch of shit bags.

I agree with this 100%! All kinds of things we can knock Cal for but not this. Our guys were almost always respectful and stayed out of trouble. Bill Self takes the title of having the biggest bunch of shit bags.
Yup. Gotta give the devil his due. Cal brought in good guys and the few that maybe could have been sketchy, he did a good job of keeping them out of trouble. I met a handful of players over the years and every one was super nice to me so there's that.

Well spoken guy. Enthusiasm shines through. Has bought in to the UK way.

Do you think he will have a tough time knocking the rust off ? 2 years is a bit of time to take off from strong daily competition.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He has been a good player at every level he's played at. Most likely, he didn't lose his mind on a mission trip. If he went on a two year crack bender, we could clutch pearls.
He's got this.
GBB!

I have family that worked in Fayette Mall during the Cal years. A lot of players (not all or even a majority) would be regulars at their stores and expect handouts and free luxury items because of their status on the team. No please. No thank you. Just gimme.

There are always going to be turds in the punch bowl, but I feel like Cal recruited a fair few. Could chalk that up to immature high schoolers, perhaps.
Chalk it up to social media and NIL culture, a lot of them believe they are owed everything since people know them.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT