ADVERTISEMENT

Coen’s Name Mentioned for HC Job

This is just how it will be with coen. He's young, charismatic, ambitious, and puts great stuff on film.

His last stint after the very first game I posted that we'd be lucky to keep him more than a year. Granted it took many NFL dominoes but he still left. He'll just always be looking upward and onward. Just how it is.

Woody is on deck, whenever that is, and hopefully he isn't a far drop

I hope we can keep Coen. Yes the offense has been up and down this year but a lot of it has just been how bad Leary has been. Stoops needs to find the guy a QB worth a damn.

Yensers o line (albeit a bit better than last year) probably doesnt help field a good offense either.

Reactions: grevey35 and catben
it’d be interesting to know how serious his health issues were. That’s something certainly Syracuse would want to know

This is just how it will be with coen. He's young, charismatic, ambitious, and puts great stuff on film.

His last stint after the very first game I posted that we'd be lucky to keep him more than a year. Granted it took many NFL dominoes but he still left. He'll just always be looking upward and onward. Just how it is.

Woody is on deck, whenever that is, and hopefully he isn't a far drop
Woody....like the hell to the no. Dude is thumb wrestling BUffano for worst position coach on the team.....no way he gets OC. His best move is those fully body high fives he can't wait to give Barion and Dane. He's like the white dude that lives to be part of the "bros" and wants to be invited to the bbq.

I'd vote for a guy with a proven system at a MAC or Sunbelt school over anyone else on our staff. If we'd boil the system down a bit but keep some of the same concepts, we could be successful without completely changing everything. Taking 10+ seconds in the huddle to call the play and still look confused is unacceptable.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Woody....like the hell to the no. Dude is thumb wrestling BUffano for worst position coach on the team.....no way he gets OC. His best move is those fully body high fives he can't wait to give Barion and Dane. He's like the white dude that lives to be part of the "bros" and wants to be invited to the bbq.
Joker was big on those body fives, reminds me of Beamer. I’ve always thought that there needs to be a line drawn between coaching and trying to be one of the guys.

Reactions: gamecockcat
If he gets a head coach job…then good for him. But he’s had a terrible year as OC this year (I’d argue white unit has had a better year), and last year wjtb the rams was pretty bad as OC …so it’s going to be a risk for anyone to hire him..he’s very unproven IMO

And I’d argue as a head coach…he appears to be a bit lackadaisical as a disciplined guy …so I’d argue it’s a big risk in the whole

Reactions: bigbluedon

Agree as wr coach but you can just tell that's been the plan all this time. Like I mentioned in another post, the last few times I heard a wr talk about working with a coach it was a name I never heard before. So pieces maybe already moving.

Either way I see no chance at coen being here more than 2 years. If that's the case, you can definitely argue the experiment failed. Not sure if I totally agree, but it could definitely be argued.

Remember when Eddie Gran was the HC at Cincinnati. His offense there was dynamic, effective and put points on the board. Fun to watch too. Why did we never see anything that remotely resembled that at UK? Either he didn’t ever have the personnel to run it, or Stoops wouldn’t let him. Just my opinion.

I hope we can keep Coen. Yes the offense has been up and down this year but a lot of it has just been how bad Leary has been. Stoops needs to find the guy a QB worth a damn.

Yensers o line (albeit a bit better than last year) probably doesnt help field a good offense either.
Apparently Leary is who Coen wanted. Stoops got him. There are plenty of things we can complain about Stoops over, but this isn’t one of them.

Coen is a decent OC, but he hasn't done a great job with Leary...feels like he's pounding a square peg into a round hole all season...had way more success with Levis, who was way more efficient throwing the ball down the field, which is his forte.

Can't begrudge a guy taking a better job, but damn, OC has been a revolving door.

If he walks, I sure as hell don't trust Brainfart to properly replace him.

You can’t fault a guy for wanting to move up. That’s the nature of the business

Put changing jobs every season eventually could back fire.

Maybe not in coaching but in the real world with employers. Job hunting is viewed as a negative after so many jobs in a short period.

I am not even saying I agree with it but it's a thing.

This is simple and I already said it last night, if Coen gets his way he’s gone after the season. Guarantee he’s applying for jobs left and right.

Who knows he may not even stick around for the bowl game. That’s another thing the Stoops nut huggers need to realize is no talented coordinator is gonna come here and stay even for a few years under him. They’ll come here get paid very well for one maybe two years at most then leave.

He might be the least respected coach in the SEC. All anyone does is talk about how slow and outdated we are.

I was against bringing Coen back. I just didn't trust him to stay and I'm not sure running the offense we do was the best choice. He and the offense have been a major failure most of this season.

Remember when Eddie Gran was the HC at Cincinnati. His offense there was dynamic, effective and put points on the board. Fun to watch too. Why did we never see anything that remotely resembled that at UK? Either he didn’t ever have the personnel to run it, or Stoops wouldn’t let him. Just my opinion.
There has been one consistent with all the OCs here that leave to use high powered innovative offenses (Brown, Dawson) or used them before they got here. I have long said that while I love Stoops, he puts the handcuffs on his OCs and forces them to play conservative, grind it out, running games designed to milk the clock instead of the quick hit high powered offenses they run after leaving. In Coen's case, the offense this year was much slower than his first year. I don't understand why that is. Stoops said they had to get faster after Rich but they didn't. Was that on Stoops, Coen, Leary or someone else? I tend to believe part of it is on Stoops because his history indicates it is.

OC that play fast and enforces discipline would help UK

Gran was never head coach at Cincy. He was Tuberville's OC. I liked Gran as our OC. I thought he did a good a job with the personnel he had. Many fans were ready to riot if he was not dismissed however.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT