ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Stoops future at Kentucky is on the line this weekend

gamalielkid

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2002
I don;t expect a win, like most rational people - however, the future of Kentucky football under Coach Stoops is on the table with this game. We all know that recruiting is still a huge part of the total deal as to football. IF Kentucky plays a similar game as last week, I don;t care if it is against the Kansas City Chiefs, this game the team has to show spirit, fight, be organized and act like they are pissed off and want to win! If that doesn't happen, then the program must have a change of head coaches! I would hope Coach Stoops recognizes this himself and will retire. I don't think he would stay here and basically know its over. Yes the buyout is huge - but he has made over $75 million since he has been at UK. He isn;t hurting for money - and if he wants to help UK - he will have the opportunity to pony up! He can leave here a coaching hero or he can go down in flames. So, he has 4 more days to secure his future IMO. I hope he does prove to all of us - that Saturday was a flook - but, I said it last year, after the Louisville game and his A & M drama, it would be hard to come back to Kentucky and be successful. The players he demanded give their all for UK, him and the program may not be ready to run thru that wall for him anymore. Let's face it - he was gone - but A & M pulled the rug out from under him at the last minute.

Heck, Barnhardt had already began lining up replacement interviews and the fan base had already become excited about the thought of Jon Sumrall returning to Kentucky. That could and can still happen - but it must be under the right scenario - and it really begins with how Coach Stoops does handle the season from this point on.

Go Big Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.