ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Pope's best game at Kentucky

How well I remember that game!

My then girlfriend, now my wife, was a Maryland graduate, and had been at Maryland when Len Bias was there (a freshman his last year.) But she wasn't really a hoops fan. We were visiting my family for Thanksgiving in Kentucky and it was her first time there with me and all my brothers and my father, going nuts during a Cats game.

Almost 30 years later, we are still together. She's a Wildcat fan. And we had a daughter who attended Maryland and a son who insisted on going out of state to be a Kentucky Wildcat.

Last edited:
How well I remember that game!

My then girlfriend, now my wife, was a Maryland graduate, and had been at Maryland when Len Bias was there (a freshman his last year.) But she wasn't really a hoops fan. We were visiting my family for Thanksgiving and it was her first time there with me and all my brothers and my father, going nuts during a Kentucky game.

Almost 30 years later, we are still together. She's a Wildcat fan. And we had a daughter who attended Maryland and a son who insisted on going out of state to be a Kentucky Wildcat.
Now THAT'S the kind of story I like to hear.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT