ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Pope’s new pad

What proof is there that Mark Pope purchased this house. It's not on Realtor.com or Zillow that it was even up for sale.

And you know…he’s still only gonna have ONE Guest Room available 🙃
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Last edited:
Despite all the money and fame. I guarantee you if Pope passed by you in public and you were wearing UK garb he would start up a conversation.
He is one of the nicest famous people I've ever met. For me it's a tie between him and Singer Steve Earle.
Set next to Steve late one night at a restaurant. Saw him as I was seated. Simply said "Hey Steve I'm a big fan" He said plenty of room at my table. Wanna eat with me?
I sat down had a hour long conversation and a meal. He left as I finished dessert. I asked for the check. Waitress said no charge Steve payed.

Despite all the money and fame. I guarantee you if Pope passed by you in public and you were wearing UK garb he would start up a conversation.
He is one of the nicest famous people I've ever met. For me it's a tie between him and Singer Steve Earle.
Set next to Steve late one night at a restaurant. Saw him as I was seated. Simply said "Hey Steve I'm a big fan" He said plenty of room at my table. Wanna eat with me?
I sat down had a hour long conversation and a meal. He left as I finished dessert. I asked for the check. Waitress said no charge Steve payed.
That is pretty cool. This day and age celebrities tend to not expect a check or for you to pay as price of admission.

Having said that, there are so many true fanatics who get creepy around entertainers.

One thing I like is the 11 acres bit. He can simply walk around his property and have peace and quiet with himself and his family. As head coach the minute he is near our fans he'll be bombarded. I don't know how he'll keep his sanity, hopefully this house helps.

My Pope meeting. I've told this before on here. But it was either his rookie season or year 2. I attended my only NBA game. It was Easter Sunday and Pacers played the Knicks in Indianapolis.
I didn't know till I arrived but back then every Sunday at home the Pacers had a player signing before the game.
I got lucky because that day was Pope.
When I found where he was sitting and signing he was about to finish up. He signed for the folks in front of me. Then it was mine turn. I was wearing a 96 UK championship shirt.
His eyes lit up with the biggest smile when he saw my shirt. He said that is a really great shirt. Talked to me for close to 10 minutes. Said great meeting a UK fan here. Thanked me for coming and being a UK fan. Signed his name on a program I bought Josh 1:9 Mark Pope.

That is pretty cool. This day and age celebrities tend to not expect a check or for you to pay as price of admission.

Having said that, there are so many true fanatics who get creepy around entertainers.
small restaurant peaceful setting. Back in the late 90s before phones a social media. I never got a photo or a autograph we just sat and talked music. He is definitely a big talker. He loves to talk about other artists.
Met him again about 6-7 years ago. After the show he did a meet and great. Got photo and autograph
Told him I know you won't remember but several years ago you bought me dinner. He said he thought he remembered me. I highly doubt he did. But I guess it's not impossible.

One thing I like is the 11 acres bit. He can simply walk around his property and have peace and quiet with himself and his family. As head coach the minute he is near our fans he'll be bombarded. I don't know how he'll keep his sanity, hopefully this house helps.
Well he’s used to the UK fans as a player, and he’s a huge personality himself, but as HC, yeah he might need some space lol

The seller was former Miss Kentucky Melanie Glasscock. She had a daughter pass away at age 22 after battling a rare childhood cancer most of her life. Different people deal with grief in countless defferent ways. Perhaps she just could not live in that house anymore.

The seller was former Miss Kentucky Melanie Glasscock. She had a daughter pass away at age 22 after battling a rare childhood cancer most of her life. Different people deal with grief in countless defferent ways. Perhaps she just could not live in that house anymore.
I went to UK with Melanie. For being as beautiful as she was and popular as feature twirler, she was so kind and down to earth .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT