ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cal knows who we are getting...

I think a lot of people are forgetting about Tai Wynyard who will probably be here come December/January which gives us another big body to work with. I

I think a lot of people are forgetting about Tai Wynyard who will probably be here come December/January which gives us another big body to work with. I

Wynyard isn't expected to contribute much even if he comes in second semester. He's only 17 and will be coming in late. The reason he joins the team in December is to give him a head start for 2016-17. He graduates in December, so it's like showing up on campus for summer classes for him.

Wynyard wants to stay 2016 and I hope he does. It would be wasting a year to join mid-season. He will be a much better player next year.

Reactions: AFSTALLION13
Everything Cal does and says is for recruiting. I'm not saying he wouldn't build Poy and Lee both up but he would wait until after Dialo makes his decision known unless he already knows what hes going to do. As slick as He is in the recruiting game do you think he would say that 2 players at Dialo's position is there time to shine if he thought it would affect Dialo's decision? Dialo has made it known that he wants big minutes and he wants the offense run for him. I think he already knows that he's going elsewhere. I hope I'm wrong because we need depth down low.

Cal could also be soothing Lee and Poy's egos in the event he was about to bring in Dialo. Cal plays 2-3 steps ahead so it's hard to get a fix on what he is up to with any degree of certainty. I agree with you his statements had a purpose as this is how Cal lays the groundwork before something happens.

Reactions: Bobcat94
These discussions and topics are pointless. Conjecture at this point is irelavant
OK I feel your logic,but we're just kicking the can around having a little fun while we wait for the verdicts to roll in. No harm in harmless,but fun conversation is there?

We already have 2 of the top 10 recruits and have a good chance for one more. We are really spoiled?

He recently said to expect one maybe two commitments. To me that means Mulder is one that he knows we are getting. The second person could be Diallo or Murray. Personally I don't think we get Diallo, Ingram, Maker, or Brown. I think we get Mulder and the second person coach Cal is referring to is Murray not Diallo. I think Cal knows Diallo isn't coming to UK and that's why he said one or two and not two or three

I agree. Roherssen left without even a goodbye. He burnt a bridge (a big wide bridge)and I don't think he would have done that unless he had a strong verbal out of Diallo. And Cal knows that. Our class next year is likely pretty much set. We may or may not get Murry, but the only other player we might get is another walk on. JMO And in my dreams we get Diallo and Roherssen gets canned.

Wynyard wants to stay 2016 and I hope he does. It would be wasting a year to join mid-season. He will be a much better player next year.

Wynyard graduates HS in December (equivalent to a May graduation in the US). Coming in for Spring classes is equivalent to coming in for the summer semester for most student athletes. It wouldn't be a waste, he would just redshirt and keep his eligibility if he wanted. It will give him a head start on classes and practice and benefit him to have that extra time on campus and in the system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT