ADVERTISEMENT

Clevan Thomas has set himself apart from the rest of Kentucky's true freshmen

“He comes out and competes every day and he’s going to have to with some of these other young guys who have come in, too. They’re fighting for jobs. He did show that and he showed us the consistency.”

I find myself in heaven just thinking of him and Bowden in on the same snap.

I think there's a damned good chance Thomas/Ross take PT away from Johnson/Baker even though they are experienced Srs.
For UK to win 7-8 games, Coach Gran must make our passing game a point of greater emphasis. Last year, we ran the football more than 60% of the time. Gran has already said he wants to pass 50% of the time this year. There should be a lot of opportunities for our receivers. Baker, Juice, Bone, Ross, Richardson, Bowden, Thomas, Walker should see the field plenty. I attended the BWG and was very impressed with Thomas. Clevan has strong legs, great hands, great football IQ. Ross just needs to stay healthy, run better routes, catch more balls in his radius. Our tight ends are very good too. If SJ puts the ball on the numbers, our passing game will be effective.

He has------so far. But we haven't even seen some of the freshmen yet, and some may come on strong later on.

And this is not meant to diminish how good Thomas has looked so far, he should have still been in high school.

A 50/50 attack sounds great to me.

He has------so far. But we haven't even seen some of the freshmen yet, and some may come on strong later on.

And this is not meant to diminish how good Thomas has looked so far, he should have still been in high school.

A 50/50 attack sounds great to me.
Bowden is the only other guy slated for the slot. We have two slot positions bowden and Thomas will both play. Im anxious to see if Walker has a nice year. The guy whose video intrigued me is Epps. We need outside guys to step up more than in the slot imo.

Reactions: Mark_Stoops
Bowden is the only other guy slated for the slot. We have two slot positions bowden and Thomas will both play. Im anxious to see if Walker has a nice year. The guy whose video intrigued me is Epps. We need outside guys to step up more than in the slot imo.
I am really hoping Bowden can catch up on the offense extremely quickly. Hopefully he will get several plays in the Southern Miss and EKU games because South Carolina will be a battle.

Good problem to have in guys like Clevan Thomas and Bowden as slot WR behind two proven solid guys in Juice and very dependable Walker.

The key to passing game to me is what we do on the outside with loss of Badet. I am hoping bigtime that Ross adjusts well in his 2nd year removed from JUCO (which has been a pattern at UK in past...Boone, Bernard, etc...). When you stand close to Ross and see how well he moves...it's a bit overwhelming how gifted physically he truly is. I've never seen Terrell Owens in my life...but I'd imagine K. Ross would be close as a specimen.

Reactions: jauk11
I think Thomas will have a impressive season. It'll be enough that we won't be as worried about Juice moving on. And the guy is thick. He's like a RB playing WR.

Yes he is built a lot like a RB. He Has great hands, ball security and blocks well for a freshmen. I'd say Bowden's ability to block and ball security will be a key factor in his PT.

I am really hoping Bowden can catch up on the offense extremely quickly. Hopefully he will get several plays in the Southern Miss and EKU games because South Carolina will be a battle.

I think with Bowden coming in so late that he might be used more on special teams and some scripted plays just for him until he learns the playbook. So it may be well into the season before Bowden gets a full rep of snaps IMO.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Bowden is the only other guy slated for the slot. We have two slot positions bowden and Thomas will both play...

Our slot guys which don't include any TE's. If a TE is on the field then only one of these guys can be on the field at the same time.

Garrett Johnson
Charles Walker
Clevan Thomas
Lynn Bowden
David Bouvier
Ryan Kendall
Bryan Berezowitz
Brayden Berezowitz
Charles Moushey

Our slot guys which don't include any TE's. If a TE is on the field then only one of these guys can be on the field at the same time.

Garrett Johnson
Charles Walker
Clevan Thomas
Lynn Bowden
David Bouvier
Ryan Kendall
Bryan Berezowitz
Brayden Berezowitz
Charles Moushey
I think the top 4 guys will play a bunch. Juice Walker Thomas Bowden. Obviously if the 2nd tight end gives us more than the slot guys snaps will go to that player. Juice is going to get reps outside imo. That opens up more pt inside.

I think with Bowden coming in so late that he might be used more on special teams and some scripted plays just for him until he learns the playbook. So it may be well into the season before Bowden gets a full rep of snaps IMO.

I agree. I think they'll keep things simple for Bowden in yr 1. They'll just aim to put him in position to use his athleticism. The Wildcat for instance.....just have him take the direct snap and go........or at the most hand it off to Snell. Later in the yr, maybe he can throw a pattern if they feel comfortable enough with him to do so. They'll also probably look at him as a returner. Or to take bubble screens or reverses. As has been said above, we have a few slot guys who can do the job well enough......no need to force the issue if you don't need to.

ADVERTISEMENT