ADVERTISEMENT

CJ: Tyra needs to hire Doug Williams as UofL's next Football Coach

DrH. Lecter

All-American
Apr 5, 2007
Lets see if the CJ tries to do to LilBro what it tried to do with its OpEd page back to when we were fortunate enough to hire Coach Rich Brooks. The CJ mocked Barnhart and said that he was a fool to hire RB rather than Doug Williams.

Lets see if the CJ makes such a ludicrous OpEd piece when its their pet local institution...and now that Jurich is gone and won't hurt them. Tyra doesn't seem to use the same mob tactics that the prior regime used.

Eff You CJ.

The CJ has already opined that Brohm is the choice. Not with an OpEd, but with their columnist.

the CJ is in full illusion creating mode to sell the notion that there will be a ‘coaching search’.

the CJ is in full illusion creating mode to sell the notion that there will be a ‘coaching search’.
there may be if Jeff B declined.....I would think that Jeff will get a raise offer. Brees said that he is the man and will stay.

It's funny thinking back to that. I was actually on the Doug Williams train back then. He took over a Grambling team that went 5-6, 3-8 and 3-8 prior to his arrival and won the I-AA National Championship in his 4th year. Dude was coming off 10-2, 11-1 and 10-2 seasons when we were looking for a coach.

I always love thinking back to prior coaching searches.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
It's funny thinking back to that. I was actually on the Doug Williams train back then. He took over a Grambling team that went 5-6, 3-8 and 3-8 prior to his arrival and won the I-AA National Championship in his 4th year. Dude was coming off 10-2, 11-1 and 10-2 seasons when we were looking for a coach.

I always love thinking back to prior coaching searches.

The CJ trashed Mitch Barnhart over not hiring Doug Williams. I think that things worked out very well with Rich Brooks.

Has anybody heard Charlie Strong's name mentioned? I'm surprised it hasn't. He makes just as much sense as Brohm, IMO.

Brohm didn't pass. They got him, or Petrino would be finishing the season.

That's my inclination too. They either got an agreement in principle or high level of interest. Don't think they fire petrino when they did short of that.

Has anybody heard Charlie Strong's name mentioned? I'm surprised it hasn't. He makes just as much sense as Brohm, IMO.

Saw his name float around on Twitter. Not sure if the info was good or not. I think he'd be crazy to go back

It's funny thinking back to that. I was actually on the Doug Williams train back then. He took over a Grambling team that went 5-6, 3-8 and 3-8 prior to his arrival and won the I-AA National Championship in his 4th year. Dude was coming off 10-2, 11-1 and 10-2 seasons when we were looking for a coach.I always love thinking back to prior coaching searches.

Charlie Strong for me.

Reactions: bthaunert
Ordinarily, you don’t fire you coach until you have the next guy. But I think this is different. I’ve never seen a coaching situation deteriorate this quickly. The collapse of fan support - actually the outright anger and demand that the administration do something - came on like an avalanche. I think Tyra fired him Sunday simply because he had to. Otherwise there would’ve been like 12 people at the next game. So I’m not sure they’ve landed Brohm for sure yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT