ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Frederick

We need 2 makes from him today. It needs to happen. He’s been an anomoly all season, today, he hits 2 from the outside.
I totally agree this would be the time for him to start shooting some shots. He does this , Reeves stays on fire, and Oscar keeps rebounding at the clip he did the other night or even close we will make the final 4 and maybe even further!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1 and Ugoff
Fredrick is a classic example of sports psychology 101. He’s a great shooter, by past performances, but his personality doesn’t blend well with the big stage.

His only weakness is between his ears. He just needs some confidence to get going, and maybe today will be the day he figures it out.

Just give us some Cameron Mills type mojo.

Don’t have to play 30 minutes. No pressure. Do what you’ve done your whole life. Open let it swish!

Exactly. Come in and hit a couple shots when you're wide ****ing open.

The guy is 7 for his last 36 from the field.

I repeat, 7 for 36!!!!!!

It pains me to say but we’d be the title favorite if Dontaie Allen was replaced with CJ right now.

I repeat, 7 for 36!!!!!!

It pains me to say but we’d be the title favorite if Dontaie Allen was replaced with CJ right now.

Dontaie actually shot pretty well in 2020. 2021 not so much. I don't get it. It's like we kill the confidence of some of the shooters that come into this program.

Reactions: Montana81
I have no idea. He was literally wide open on back to back 3 clanks yesterday.
Yeah, Fredrick has gotten the most wide-open looks all season and he just can't make them. But those 2 yesterday had me thinking "it has to be the ribs, right?" I mean, not many experienced Div. I Guards are going to miss both of those.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Yeah, Fredrick has gotten the most wide-open looks all season and he just can't make them. But those 2 yesterday had me thinking "it has to be the ribs, right?" I mean, not many experienced Div. I Guards are going to miss both of those.
Yes, the second one was wide open, and it wasn't even close. He's broken. I hate to say it because I'm rooting for him, but he doesn't need to see the floor at this point. He gives us absolutely nothing right now.

I won’t put it all on Fredrick but the “guards”(I’ll include Livingston and Adou) outside of Reeves have to give some offense. Wallace is shooting sub 30% from the floor(not just 3) his last 8 games. Fredrick has made 2 shots since February 4th. Chris is 1 for his last 13 from 3. Gotta get something from these guys to win and continue to have good Antonio/Jacob.

Reactions: jbne222
Two threes would be HUGE. I’ve been saying the key to a run is we need to
1. Get SOMETHING offensively from 1 of the 3 guards off the bench (Frederick, Thiero, or Wheeler if he plays)
and
2. Cason’s gotta find his offense again

I repeat, 7 for 36!!!!!!

Are you effing high? Allen shot like crap last year against sub 300 OOC OPPONENTS.

Yes, the second one was wide open, and it wasn't even close. He's broken. I hate to say it because I'm rooting for him, but he doesn't need to see the floor at this point. He gives us absolutely nothing right now.
Fredrick is basically a decoy at this point, isn't he? Still need him to provide short breathers for the Guards I guess. He still doesn't turn the ball over a lot, although much more prone to turnovers now than he used to be - which I attribute to his lack of confidence again contributed to by his injuries.

We need 2 makes from him today. It needs to happen. He’s been an anomoly all season, today, he hits 2 from the outside.
I agree, his production is much needed. What worries me though, is him trying to guard their fast guards, therefore he must score because he's a big liability on Defense. If our guards can control their guards and Oscar and Wallace can stay out of foul trouble we'll win, IMO.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and G-PIP
I don’t think he really wants to shoot it, especially after he misses his first attempt. As soon as the ball hits his hands, it’s a quick touch pass, he gets rid of it even if he has a decent look. The only way he has been shooting it is if he’s open for more than 6 foot from somebody. If he’s not scoring, he can’t be on the floor for long.

Reactions: G-PIP
Fredrick is basically a decoy at this point, isn't he? Still need him to provide short breathers for the Guards I guess. He still doesn't turn the ball over a lot, although much more prone to turnovers now than he used to be - which I attribute to his lack of confidence again contributed to by his injuries.
You're right...I guess that is one thing he gives us is that other teams still guard him on the perimeter which spaces the floor a bit. I keep waiting for other teams to give him the Wheeler treatment, but it hasn't happened yet.

Reactions: G-PIP
??? In his last 6 games he has 8 assists to just 2 turnovers.

??? In his last 6 games he has 8 assists to just 2 turnovers.
Ok. I don't think that would make me amend anything I said. I appreciate Fredrick being willing to go out and play when many probably wouldn't (takes 6 weeks for broken bones to heal - assuming you don't do something to cause more problems). But he just doesn't have much to bring at this point other than a warm body.

We need CJ and Reeves to make some shots & Wallace need to get out of his funk for us to have any chance IMO

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT