ADVERTISEMENT

Cindy Williams RIP

Goodnight, sweet princess...

R.a2ff3ebadfbbc0ca1645e6c205d88160

Sad. My sister got me the Laverne and Shirley box set a few years ago. I always liked her. It was just a feel good show, and was the number one show on TV in its heyday. She was good in The Conversation, a film Coppola shot between the two Godfather films. She almost got the part of Princess Leia.

Sad. My sister got me the Laverne and Shirley box set a few years ago. I always liked her. It was just a feel good show, and was the number one show on TV in its heyday. She was good in The Conversation, a film Coppola shot between the two Godfather films. She almost got the part of Princess Leia.

Watched “the conversation” in the last year

Not sure I really liked that they intentionally changed the emphasis of the words to keep you off-balance.

I get that it’s supposed to reflect how Gene Hackman is mis-hearing things, but still, it’s kind of a strange “gotcha”.

Over-all, I enjoyed the film.

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
She was good in American Graffiti too, although it's not really a major part. You could argue that the TV show derailed her film career, but it was a huge success. To appear in 2 best picture nominees in a few years is impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT