ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Hopefully C.M. Punk will be healthy enough to actually wrestle at some point ... maybe SummerSlam or Survivor Series.

Wow really thought they were teeing it up for priest/balor and Seth/gunther now I’m not sure where they go with Seth since he pretty much always is in the title picture.

C+ PLE imo. Main event felt like it should've been on SD. They could've built up this new Bloodline sooner into a more dangerous and vicious version, but Roman ain't coming back this soon, in Canada, at a Money in the Bank. Nevermind the fact that his father just died. I'm guessing we get a typical interference match at SummerSlam, Spike hits Cody a couple times, Cole screams "not like this!!!", and then we either hear Roman's theme or Heyman's voice say something like "My name is Paul Heyman and your real Tribal Chief has returned."

Fans wanting Roman back immediately probably skipped Game of Thrones where the heels owned like 82% of some seasons.

Makes perfect sense to have Cena vs Orton for his last match at 41 then before 42 induct the man into the HOF. I still remember that first match with Angle. Cena told him afterward he almost had him, and in the back Taker gave him respect. Vince knew from moment one that was going to be his new Hogan.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Hard to argue with dx in charge wwe doesn’t need to overpay for free agents -

Stratton/laya/brekker/dragonov just called up in the last few months looks like future stars and then you also got guys like Melo and trick Williams great to see young talent finally paving the way for the next generation of wwe - kinda feels like 20 years ago when guys like cena and Orton emerged.

One of these years I want to see a guy like Hayes or Andrade just go completely off script and climb up the ladder real quick and get the briefcase when they shouldn't. Sure they would get fired immediately but they would be a legend and Tony Kahn would hire them in a second.

Hard to argue with dx in charge wwe doesn’t need to overpay for free agents -

Stratton/laya/brekker/dragonov just called up in the last few months looks like future stars and then you also got guys like Melo and trick Williams great to see young talent finally paving the way for the next generation of wwe - kinda feels like 20 years ago when guys like cena and Orton emerged.
Not to constantly compare the two, but WWE is clearly preparing for the future (next 10-15 years). Vince did it with Cena and Reigns. Bully said several months back that years ago Vince told him Reigns would be feeding our (WWE) families for the next 15 years and that's happened. WWE rarely fails to capitalize and prepare for the next generation.

Tony is booking for the now which is a different approach and for fans who want everything now, that's what they're getting. In WWE, Ospreay probably wouldn't be champion for three years. In AEW, he might become champion by year's end after arriving in March. Mone is currently holding two titles and wrestled her first AEW match in May. Just different approaches. One makes you excited for WWE's future, the other you're just hoping can be maintained by enough indy stars/WWE castoffs.

One of these years I want to see a guy like Hayes or Andrade just go completely off script and climb up the ladder real quick and get the briefcase when they shouldn't. Sure they would get fired immediately but they would be a legend and Tony Kahn would hire them in a second.
Andrade got no reaction during his entrance. Through my speakers I think I heard spiders in the arena fart as he came to the ring. Pretty sure creative knows because he was between Jey Uso and LA Knight, which was sorta funny. Andrade kinda shined in that match though but that slow walk with the oddball mask just doesn't do anything for anyone. It's practically a Create-A-Wrestler entrance. Entrances are what, maybe 25% of your entire gimmick in WWE? Maybe more than that.

Has anyone discussed Damian Priest not being able to kick out of that pin the other night? Was he legit knocked out? The ref had to stop counting on his own, looked like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT