ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

On the first night of NJPW: World Tag League 2020, a new member for Will Ospreay's faction, The Empire, was revealed in the form of Jeff Cobb. Accompanying Great-O-Khan as his new tag team partner, the former NEVER Openweight Champion is now the fourth addition to the group.

Agreed as well, but we all know Vince doesn’t want to push something already established in another promotion. I would love to eat crow though.

NXT for tonight

Blindfold Match- Grimes vs Lumis
Io Sharai vs Rhea Ripley
Rematch- Gargano vs Ruff
Finn Balor speaks

AEW:
Inner Circle in Vegas
Darby and Cody vs Cage and Starks
Young Bucks vs Top Flight
NWA Title- Thunder Rosa vs Serena Deeb
Sabian vs OC
PAC vs Blade

I know AEW is basically allergic to short, one sided matches. But they better have Pac make short work of Blade. Pac is one of the few guys in AEW who brings an intense presence.

Reactions: K-mac18
Curious what they do for Omega/Mox. It was nice to see Omega not look like he just rolled out of bed. I’m actually excited to see what Omega does in 21. Also, glad that Team Taz seems like they will be getting more time on tv.

I don’t know what AEW paid for Miro, but they ain’t getting their monies worth. This whole best man/I’m a gamer is awful.

Omega/Mox is the biggest match in the history of our sport.

This is what happens when you give creative freedom Miro has some silly gimmick but I guess he said right now he wants to have fun - he said in an interview Vince fined him for cutting his hair.

Reactions: ryanbruner
The WWE ThunderDome is moving to Tropicana Field in Tampa starting December 11th.

With it being such a huge stadium I’m sure they could have fans if they want.

Reactions: TheBlueCat
I was just thinking about the "market" for wrestlers and the swing that has occurred over the past year to year-and-a-half. Pre-COVID, with WWE trying to thwart the start-up of AEW and trying to lock up wrestlers, the wrestlers had the upper hand. Then came COVID, and WWE's big release of workers in April, and with the glut now of wrestlers "on the market" now the wrestling org's definitely have the upper hand.

I was just thinking about the "market" for wrestlers and the swing that has occurred over the past year to year-and-a-half. Pre-COVID, with WWE trying to thwart the start-up of AEW and trying to lock up wrestlers, the wrestlers had the upper hand. Then came COVID, and WWE's big release of workers in April, and with the glut now of wrestlers "on the market" now the wrestling org's definitely have the upper hand.

Good point - it’s the economic “supply and demand” matrix at work.

The way the Omega/Mox show is being promoted I’d have to think something other than just a normal match and title change is happening. I’m hoping they use whoever attacked Moxley backstage for a big reveal.

Speaking of supply and demand. I saw an article yesterday talking about payscale for nxt contracted wrestles compared to bottom tier contracted wrestlers in AEW. It said the bottom tier or new signees with AEW make more than nxt talent. It then said the nxt contracts are 60-80k per year.

Reactions: ryanbruner
Ratings time

AEW- 850,000- 7th in 18-49

NXT- 638,000- 56th in 18-49

GGG- 825,000 14th in 18-49
I think I read Dynamite beat Raw in the 18-49 demo.

I was surprised at the numbers with the draft being last night plus Chicago Wednesday and SWAT were both new.

It’s basically impossible to predict the numbers. The weeks I think it’ll be good is usually down and the weeks I think it’ll be lower they do good.

Last edited:
I think it was in the 18-34 demo but they did beat them in one.
Pretty big win for AEW as NXT had two title matches put the McAfee and UE stuff. AEW didn't have anything out of the ordinary I didn't think.

Want to do a cameo with The Undertaker, he's apparently charging 1,000 dollars.

It’s just a matter of time with Black. I really feel like it’s the same with Adam Cole also. He’s best friends with the Bucks plus the woman he will probably end up marrying is there. If wwe planned on using him in a big way on the main roster I could see him staying but he has to know that won’t happen. Road Dogg’s comment awhile back would have sealed the deal for me leaving if I were Cole.

It’s just a matter of time with Black. I really feel like it’s the same with Adam Cole also. He’s best friends with the Bucks plus the woman he will probably end up marrying is there. If wwe planned on using him in a big way on the main roster I could see him staying but he has to know that won’t happen. Road Dogg’s comment awhile back would have sealed the deal for me leaving if I were Cole.

That’s right - everyone that dates someone ends up marrying them.

Everbody knows Vince has a prototype that he likes as champ - speaking of - did Lars get taken off tv again?

It isn't with Saudi Arabia. It had to do with WWE supposedly lying about it and overstating income i believe. It was a class action here about their stock price.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT