ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

heel Tatanka!
...BUFFALO.

It's a tough call. I think OVW was more consistent but the highs of Memphis were higher than the best moments of OVW (Albright/Dykstra/Punk, Dinsmore vs. Benoit, Basham vs. Angle, Cappotelli vs. Jeter 2/3 falls, Brock hitting the Shooting Star Press, etc...)

You know someone told Vince a million times it's pronounced s-v(f)elt and not sliv-it and he just kept saying it that way until they gave up.

Reactions: BKH34
Of course it was a special show but Smackdown has more viewers than Raw this week. 2.5 million to 2.3

I wondered if that is who it might be, unlike most of the main roster storylines certainly interested in seeing where it goes

I wouldn’t put any stock in the the Tama tweets. But... The Elite group are no where near as happy now as they were back when All In happened. New management has rubbed the entire roster the wrong way, including the Japanese guys.

The reason for the Tama tweets is because Kenny, The Bucks, Cody, Marty and Page all just released their last “Bullet Club” T-shirt’s. They won’t be making any new BC affiliated shirts after these. Reason being is partly due to clashing with new management but also due to the fact that NJPW gets a large cut of all merch sales with anything BC on it. So the guys decided not to put Bullet Club on anymore shirts so they’ll get all the profit. Can’t say I blame em.

Of course it was a special show but Smackdown has more viewers than Raw this week. 2.5 million to 2.3
They can thank Roman for that. Oh and the fact that the last 5-6 Raw’s Have been almost entirely the exact same matches every show. I’ve never seen a more lazy, uncreative creative team than the one on Raw. A 5 year old could book that shit.

Reactions: K-mac18
I wouldn’t put any stock in the the Tama tweets. But... The Elite group are no where near as happy now as they were back when All In happened. New management has rubbed the entire roster the wrong way, including the Japanese guys.

The reason for the Tama tweets is because Kenny, The Bucks, Cody, Marty and Page all just released their last “Bullet Club” T-shirt’s. They won’t be making any new BC affiliated shirts after these. Reason being is partly due to clashing with new management but also due to the fact that NJPW gets a large cut of all merch sales with anything BC on it. So the guys decided not to put Bullet Club on anymore shirts so they’ll get all the profit. Can’t say I blame em.

Yeah I heard something similar regarding how horrible the new management is...pretty messed up.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I have to agree the Charlotte-Becky stuff has been really good.

Being reported that Dick Slater died, was always a big fan of his back in the day.

If you like old school wrestling the WWE Network Hidden Gem for this week is the entire Last Battle of Atlanta card from 1983. A couple of
years ago they posted the Tommy Rich-Buzz Sawyer match after many people thought it wasn't recorded.

Well it is a sad day for me...looks like the friend of a friend whose WWE Network subscription I was using is no more.

I don't suppose anyone would like to help a brother out??? I'll be your best friend forever...

-- According to a report by SEScoops, Chris Jericho and Jim Ross are working with prolific agent Barry Bloom to launch a new wrestling promotion that will be financially backed by billionaire Shad Khan, who owns the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team and an English Premier League team.

-- Jericho and Ross are reportedly taking the lead in recruiting talent for this new promotion, with Jericho focusing on New Japan and Ross using his connections and sending out feelers to WWE talent. Bullet Club Elite members who are said to be on board include Cody, The Young Bucks, and Hangman Page. Meanwhile, Kenny Omega's status is unclear, but members of Bullet Club Elite have always said that they will stick together when their contracts expire in the coming months and they have been hinting of something like this the last few weeks.

-- As for a television teams, negotiations are reportedly ongoing with AXS TV, which already airs some NJPW matches and are said to be very interested in fast tracking this deal, but officials from AXS TV are currently denying any involvement. Jericho has not made any official comment on this matter, but as we have reported recently, his attitude towards WWE has taken a clear change in direction. Meanwhile, Ross has made several hints on his podcast of something big on the horizon, including speculating that a promotion could be build around Cody and friends.

-- The timeline for any sort of a launch is said to be 12-16 months, bringing it into the late 2019/early 2020 time period. More on this story as it develops.

Well that certainly would be interesting if it were to happen.
Jericho is big on trying to throw people off what he’s doing like teasing he was going to Impact and stuff like that.

I don’t follow Uncle Dave but wonder his thoughts on this and if he was caught by surprise...I’m sure his feed has gone crazy this evening.

Wow that would be huge. If that happens then Vince better start to worry. I could see wwe losing a lot of talent to them. Especially the guys that have worked with the Bucks before.

Just wish they could get a better tv channel than Axs. Wtf is axs. I don’t even have the option to get that channel.

Wow that would be huge. If that happens then Vince better start to worry. I could see wwe losing a lot of talent to them. Especially the guys that have worked with the Bucks before.

Just wish they could get a better tv channel than Axs. Wtf is axs. I don’t even have the option to get that channel.

Axs is owned by Mark Cuban I think it used to be called HD Network or something like that.

But yeah they probably need a stronger network that more households have available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT