ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Oats posted this on Twitter

Nice, I only go trust rivals, they have him ranked lower but still a 4 star and his offer sheet is second to none!

His recruiting has had quite a few twists and turns. Perhaps he’s now realizing that an offer from OSU is not forthcoming. I don’t say that to downgrade the kid because I understand a great number of OH kids dream of playing for OSU.

He looks good in blue and white and I would be happy to have him. Pull the trigger Chris and be a Cat!!

Agree on Oats being a SAM all the way. Do you think Peters sticks at MLB or outgrows it and moves to JLB?

I suspect we are(have) moved some guys around currently on the team to fill the Mike role. If that is the case, I think they are recruiting Peters to play Jack. Candidates for Mike are Kash, Jamin, Boogie and Alex IMO.

This is fantastic news. He and Peters on the field in the blue & white. Oh man I can't wait. That is if we can hold on to Peters. He is on a visit to FSU right now.

Need to keep getting guys like him on defense. Get enough of them and I think we’ll start to see better results.

This is the key. We’ve got to continue to recruit better. Back to back 7 win bowl seasons will help us out greatly. It shows we are going in the right direction.

That’s what will be needed to go from 7 win seasons to 8-9 win seasons.

Why is he visiting FSU if he is committed? That means straight up you are not committed

If you don't sign during the early period you are straight up not committed. That doesn't mean he won't be a Wildcat. The good news is we already have 20 in the barn so we only have to corral 5 instead of 25 in February.

I think XP is just taking his visits and will be a Cat unless something unforeseen happens. I believe our long term relationship will mean more to him in the end than a flash visit.

Need to keep getting guys like him on defense. Get enough of them and I think we’ll start to see better results.

Very true. To become really good you need a lot of players like him. Coaching is very important but without the players it becomes very difficult to win. Hopefully we can get this kid.

Reactions: NewWildcatOrder
I think XP is just taking his visits and will be a Cat unless something unforeseen happens. I believe our long term relationship will mean more to him in the end than a flash visit.

I hope you are correct. But, if he signs with UF, will we call that “unforeseen?”

If you don't sign during the early period you are straight up not committed. That doesn't mean he won't be a Wildcat. The good news is we already have 20 in the barn so we only have to corral 5 instead of 25 in February.
Our February signings could be Peters, Smoke, Dailey, plus at least 2 more out of Sampson, Lewis, Watt, Oats, Glover-Williams. I looked at our returning roster yesterday. As things stand, Stoops currently has room for 24. But there are always a few more departures in the spring.

I suspect we are(have) moved some guys around currently on the team to fill the Mike role. If that is the case, I think they are recruiting Peters to play Jack. Candidates for Mike are Kash, Jamin, Boogie and Alex IMO.
I think Kash Daniel has the inside track for the starting Mike job, but will probably not be used as an iron man like Courtney was. Other Mikes should get some snaps. Jamin Davis looked really good in the 2017 BWG. Boogie Watson is best at Sam, but Sam is already deep. As best I can tell, Alex King's strong suit is being an edge rusher.

If any player is still taking visits to major powers at this time of year, his "commitment" is pretty shaky, IMO.

Maybe he comes and maybe he doesn’t. How many times do we have to be bitten by guys just wanting to go have a good time and then flipping to other schools before we learn that these visits mean no commitment?

If you don't sign during the early period you are straight up not committed.
RV, is it a known fact XP received a LOI to sign; i.e., might there be a reason he didn't actually receive one? Thx.

Thought Peters HS coach said just a few days ago he would know about all his visits and he did not have any planned? Or not . . .

At most he is a lean. He did not signs and he is taking visits. He is not committed.

He is not “Kash Committed.” He seems more like “Mac Married.”

ADVERTISEMENT