ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier NOT in Lexington

Who is the guy on the roster right now? Let say Kentucky gets laneir(good chance) then you can have laneir brea and carr on the floor and have 3 good scorers on the floor. Oweh butler krisa Williams and everybody else are all secondary guys
I think there are a multitude of guys. I think Oweh is potentially being overlooked. He was only a sophomore last year but put up numbers I think were likely much better than the sophomore seasons of either Lanier or Robinson. Basically he's got more upside in him AND for those recruiting ranking lovers he was much higher in the rankings coming out of high school (top 50-ish SG recruit ahead of guys like Judah Mintz, Rylan Griffen and AJ Storr). Brea is another guy. Kriisa is another. I think the freshmen can definitely contribute meaningfully off the bench. And that's just the 2G & SF spots. Like you suggested, I think Carr is another good scorer at PF and Williams can add some needed paint points as well. I just think if you look at good teams from the past some of the best have 4 to 5 double digit scorers instead of one guy needing to get 20ppg.

I think there are a multitude of guys. I think Oweh is potentially being overlooked. He was only a sophomore last year but put up numbers I think were likely much better than the sophomore seasons of either Lanier or Robinson. Basically he's got more upside in him AND for those recruiting ranking lovers he was much higher in the rankings coming out of high school (top 50-ish SG recruit ahead of guys like Judah Mintz, Rylan Griffen and AJ Storr). Brea is another guy. Kriisa is another. I think the freshmen can definitely contribute meaningfully off the bench. And that's just the 2G & SF spots. Like you suggested, I think Carr is another good scorer at PF and Williams can add some needed paint points as well. I just think if you look at good teams from the past some of the best have 4 to 5 double digit scorers instead of one guy needing to get 20ppg.
Getting Lanier Robinson poplar of one of the other guys who comes back would just complete the roster to me

Reactions: G-PIP
Getting Lanier Robinson poplar of one of the other guys who comes back would just complete the roster to me
I understand. And don't get me wrong, we're just talking basketball. You may certainly be right, and UK would be lucky to get any one of those 3 guys. I just don't feel one of those guys is as big a need. That's all.

Chaz Lanier is supposedly asking 1.8 million from Pope & UK & considerations to help his family relocate.

If UK says yes, look for Lanier to be a Wildcat by the end of the week.

Tennessee was given the same option.
Bullshit. Then why not give Great Osobor $2 million. He was player of the year in the MWC that got 6 teams in the NCAA tournament. He definitely played against better competition. I am just not buying that figure and those demands.

Last edited:
Offer that kind of money to Wooga Poplar then because he played and did it against the best in college basketball and helped a team get to the Final Four last year.

I understand. And don't get me wrong, we're just talking basketball. You may certainly be right, and UK would be lucky to get any one of those 3 guys. I just don't feel one of those guys is as big a need. That's all.
If they don’t add anybody then they are last years SCAR team

I don't believe either team would give that. It would destroy any chance of having good team chemistry. That's just his starting point. I think 800 thou will be the high no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT