ADVERTISEMENT

Championship - Son_Of_Saul vs. drcats2013

Who would win in a 1 game elimination?

• Son_Of_Saul

• DraftCat

• drcats2013

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wall/Cousins were dang near unstoppable on the court together. Is Washington better fit than Patterson? Meeks and Reeves on paper are great, but, can they defend at the level needed? How important was Miller in starting lineup- someone who didn’t need to score.

I’ll assume the Goose would extend his game, be able to shoot. We compare this team to the almost undefeated Cats as we compare WCS with Towns vs Bowie. Can Bowie play beside WCS like Towns? Delk/Givens vs Harrison twins. How valuable was Ulis off the bench

My team has defense, experience, and multiple players that have been the best player on a championship team. My opponents team lacks experience, defense, and true leadership. It’s beautiful on paper and going to be the best offense ever assembled against average teams, but I do not believe a team built on one and done players at its core can pull off a victory with the squad I built on the biggest stage.

I've been looking up some interesting numbers. The amount of fouls that my starting guys draw is pretty mind-boggling.

Boogie (7.1), Wall (6.3), Reeves (4.0), Washington (5.1), and Meeks (6.5) went to the line a combined 29 times alone.

They also combined to make a decent chunk of those foul shouts (21.7/29) for 75% overall.

Not even factoring in maximum bench play, this team is getting to the line almost 30 times a game before you even put in a reserve.

By contrast, last year's UK team didn't even average 20 free throw attempts per game COMBINED.

I love that Meeks and Wall combine to get to the line almost 13 times per game and they're hitting 10.6/12.8 each game for 83% combined. In other words, in a close game, these are your two primary ball handlers and they're pretty good from the line.
As a Statistician, I have to point out your flaws, sorry.
1) last year we were a perimeter oriented team, attempting the most 3's by a UK team since the early 90's.
2) same for all 10 teams, these are all-star teams, where your starting lineup (probably most of your team) were all the 1st or 2nd option on their individual UK teams. What's that mean? If they played together, it would be less shots for all, and thus less FTs by all (there is only 1 ball).

Reactions: drcats2013
Wall/Cousins were dang near unstoppable on the court together. Is Washington better fit than Patterson? Meeks and Reeves on paper are great, but, can they defend at the level needed? How important was Miller in starting lineup- someone who didn’t need to score.

I’ll assume the Goose would extend his game, be able to shoot. We compare this team to the almost undefeated Cats as we compare WCS with Towns vs Bowie. Can Bowie play beside WCS like Towns? Delk/Givens vs Harrison twins. How valuable was Ulis off the bench
Actually, Meeks was a good defender. Maybe he did less of it his JR year, when we relied upon him so much on offense. But I remember him playing as a FR (remember Tubby didn't play FR a lot, unless they could defend) mainly because of his defense.

Uh...Bowie played beside Turpin, so yeah he could play beside Willie.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I did vote for @drcats2013 - I do believe he matches up well- and think additions of Quickley and Bledsoe add firepower similar to Ulis and Booker off the bench.

Overall, agree with the assessment veteran, experience along with free throws (sorry PJ but 8-20 is unacceptable- i know an outlier) and ball control in a close game tends to favor his team. Delk, Givens two All Amercian guards with two elite defenders with range in the lane.

Went with Dr Cat. I can’t bet against the duo of Delk and Goose, who both delivered offensively in a massive way, in Title games, when given the opportunity.

Add Wah Wah Jones at the 4, and it is hard for me to see this group losing a championship game.

I get that Wah Wah was 6’4”, but so was Charles Barkley. Wah Wah might have been the best all around athlete we ever had, and all he did was win championships.

I would slot him beside Bowie, let SGA set the action, and call it a day.

Reactions: drcats2013
Went with Dr Cat. I can’t bet against the duo of Delk and Goose, who both delivered offensively in a massive way, in Title games, when given the opportunity.

Add Wah Wah Jones at the 4, and it is hard for me to see this group losing a championship game.

I get that Wah Wah was 6’4”, but so was Charles Barkley. Wah Wah might have been the best all around athlete we ever had, and all he did was win championships.

I would slot him beside Bowie, let SGA set the action, and call it a day.
Like seeing the Wah Wah love. He and Cawood Ledford are legends in my hometown.

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT