ADVERTISEMENT

CFB 2018 Preview and Predictions:

BigBlueSean

All-SEC
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2013
I think we are going to have a very interesting season this year in college football with a ton of stories. However, I do think Alabama are clear favorites over everyone at this point in time. Here are some of my Predictions:

Final 4:

Alabama - Nothing really to say here....

Ohio State - I think OSU comes out of the loaded Big 10

Miami- Miami has 27 upper classmen on their 2-deep. They have an early game against LSU I think they win convincingly and then their next hardest game is a FSU team with a new HC in Miami. They are in that weak side of the ACC and have a relatively smooth path to another ACC title game in which I think they win this year.

Texas- I think Herman works his magic at the QB position and that offense improves enough to make them a top dog in the Big-12. He is coming off of a top 5 recruiting class and that front 6 of his defense is insanely talented and consists of 8 seniors in their 2-deep. I love their DC Todd Orlando and how he plays aggressive on defense. Yes, Texas went 7-6 last year, but they lost in 2 OT by 3 to USC, they lost to Oklahoma by 4, Ok State by 3 and Texas Tech by 3. I think they are a team to watch and one of the few in the big-12 that can play defense.

Other teams to watch-

Purdue - Won 7 games in Brohm's 1st year. They return a heck of a lot and brought in a nice class. Could see them winning 9-10 games, including a big upset.

FAU - The fighting Lane Kiffins! Coming off a 10-2 season and bringing virtually everyone back paired with a fairly easy schedule makes it look like USF has a legit chance of running the table. 12-0 is very attainable for them.

Arizona - If there is anything that Kevin Sumlin has proven its that when he has a QB he can beat anyone. He has an electrifying one in Khalil Tate. Sumlin will improve his ability through the air but still last year Tate threw for 1600 and 16 TD's while rushing for 1500yds and 13 TD. Sleeper Heisman pick is Tate for me...

Boston College - Steve Addazio has brought them back from the depths of despair after winning 7 games last year. He brings back a very physical and veteran team and IMO from Oct 26th to Nov 17th will be responsible for 1 or maybe even 2 upsets that will influence the ACC title game. Keep an eye on the Friday game on Oct 26 at home against Miami. BC will be coming off a bye week, but so will Miami.

UCLA - This will be a very odd 1st year for Chip Kelly. Its the defense that is loaded with studs. He inherits a handful of studs on that side of the ball that are 5-star prospects that were the best at their position and top 10 national dudes... Guys like Jaelan Phillips, Mique Juarez, Keisean Lucier South, Lokeni Toailoa, and Darnay Holmes. He also has a very capable RB pool in Bolu Olorunfunmi (best name in CFB IMO) and 5-star Soso Jamabo and an elite TE in Devin Asiasi. The main question lies with RS FR QB Devon Modster who was a top 200 Dual Threat QB in his 2016 class. I got an early upset on 9/8 when they go to Norman to play Olahoma. I think UCLA gets a big win there.

Teams with it all to prove:

Auburn - Stidtham is back. Is Malzahn gonna be able to get back to a playoff and knock off Saban?

LSU - LSU has made a bad decision to stick with Ed Orgeron. This is seen quite early this year IMO when they get routed by a playoff contender in Miami.

Michigan - Time for Harbaugh to put up or shut up. He has always been a QB away. He has Shea Patterson now. If he cannot win the big 10 now or beat OSU, will he ever?

Kentucky Win Projections - 7 (Central Mich, Murray State, Miss State, Vanderbilt, Tenn, Middle Tenn, Bowl Win)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News