ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Top 25 and 1

We jumped UT when we beat them down. Makes sense for them to jump us after yesterday. 6th is where we belong right now. Need to win our next two to still have a shot at a number 1 seed with a potential rematch with UT again in SEC tourney.

Duke lost to UNC at home by 17. Did you think they should've dropped at least one spot? We had a stater not playing just like them.

Not all starters are created equal. There’s a difference between a 5th year senior grad transfer not projected in the draft and the overall top pick in the draft

About right. We didn’t look particularly good Tuesday either. Bounce back week coming up.

He trashes UK fans in every one of his podcasts. He underranks us just to troll the fan base.
Stop it. Stop the whining. We win we get the praise. We lose we get the lemons. This is why national media pokes fun at us. Fan base too think skinned to accept even the smallest of criticism

Reactions: Boneheadblue
Not all starters are created equal. There’s a difference between a 5th year senior grad transfer not projected in the draft and the overall top pick in the draft
Nobody is saying Travis is comparable to Zion but he is arguably just as important in his role to UK as Zion is to Duke. Not to mention with Zion out, Duke still has 2 top 5 draft picks in their starting lineup.

Sure, but by the same token we also don't have 2 other possible top 5 picks in our starting lineup either. We have one potential lottery pick. It's relative, but one could make the argument that losing a starting grad transfer hurts us worse, being as we have a lot less talent on the floor.

Sure, but by the same token we also don't have 2 other possible top 5 picks in our starting lineup either. We have one potential lottery pick. It's relative, but one could make the argument that losing a starting grad transfer hurts us worse, being as we have a lot less talent on the floor.

This is one of those years where we are greater than the sum of our parts. Cal has done a masterful job blending this roster, so losing Reid has left a gaping hole.

Stop it. Stop the whining. We win we get the praise. We lose we get the lemons. This is why national media pokes fun at us. Fan base too think skinned to accept even the smallest of criticism
Your response is bizarre. I’m just pointing out a fact. I could care less where he ranks us, but it doesn’t change the fact that he literally talks trash about UK fans and mocks them on his podcasts.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Also, for the record, he still had us behind Tennessee after we beat them. So your logic completely contradicts reality, unless UK is being held to a higher standard than anyone else.

Seems you try poking at "us" as much or more than the national media does...:clap:

Why do you poke at "us"?

Stop it. Stop the whining. We win we get the praise. We lose we get the lemons. This is why national media pokes fun at us. Fan base too think skinned to accept even the smallest of criticism[/QUOTE

I didn’t know thinking would thin my skin.

Nobody is saying Travis is comparable to Zion but he is arguably just as important in his role to UK as Zion is to Duke. Not to mention with Zion out, Duke still has 2 top 5 draft picks in their starting lineup.

Richards has been putting up unreal numbers since Travis has been out with the injury..

Reactions: armchairpg
Actually it’s no different than any other fanbase. You can look no further than twitter to figure that out.

Not all teams are the same either. Duke still had 2 lottery picks & 3 overall projected 1st rounders playing. I'd say that equals out your "importance" factor. Not only that DUKE WAS AT FREAKING HOME for UNC buttkick.

Reid Travis averages 11 & 6. His physicality is a MUST against a TENN & his play is a must for this team. EJ & Nick are much better coming off of bench, they're not ready for big minutes.
Nick can rebound. Block a shot, & dunk....he is ZERO of an offensive threat. He is also foul & turnover proned.

So, Reid Travis is just as important to UK's "team" as Zion is to Duke's. No way to spin it.

Sick & tired of our OWN fans defending obvious bias when it comes to Duke.

Last edited:
I don’t care about Duke. We lost by 20, with or without a starter, if you lose by 20 you should drop.

Well...I care about unwarranted bias to certain teams & conferences. You should to.

Never said we shouldn't drop in normal polling. But if the standard applied to Duke is applied to us then we don't.

Not having Travis really makes this tough to rate. One one had, I think we are still a top4 team with him and he will be back soon. On the other hand, we have some real guard issues. I'm not sure a Travis-less Kentucky team is even 6th...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT