ADVERTISEMENT

CBS sports moved Kentucky up to 16th preseason

This recruiting class/team just seems more like Cal's 30-win seasons where we wind up as a 1 or 2-seed. I get the hesitation, and understand these polls in August mean nothing. But it's hard for me to see this Kentucky unit as not being top10.

You mean to tell me that Tennessee who returns the same ho-hum guys in Vescovi, Ziegler and JJJ.. should be higher than UK? Why? Just because they returned some experienced guys who weren't good enough to make it in the NBA? I'll tell you this.. If I'm being impartial, I wouldn't rank a team that returns Wheeler, Brooks and Grady over these guys we have coming in..

At some point sheer talent will generally trump experience.. and that's what we have this year.

We are vastly more talented then any other team and honestly I can't name another team with even 4 future 1st rounders and we have a minimum of 5 if not 6. I know experience matters but Reeves and Mitchell are going to be enough when you generational talent like Edwards and Wagner with it . We should be in the 5-10 range just based on talent alone . But I like being underestimated and as someone else said once we beat KU , which we will , we will be top 3.

It seems like this is a very talented team. But, based upon what, the Global Jam? It is obviously challenging to know the level of competition although unlike the Bahamas the other teams definitely wanted to win. Yes, we looked great but against whom exactly?

My view is the same as last year but Cal did not take advantage of the deep bench. That advantage seems even more striking this season and so our strength should be constant throwing out numbers as only maybe 3 teams might have anywhere near the overall bench we will have. But, it is no advantage if you don't play them.

I don't mind it being low, but it's ridiculous.

Who has more talent? No one

Kansas at #1 centered around a center (haha Dad joke) who couldn't make the NCAA with two top 15 draft picks??? I think they are WAY overhyped unless the don't slow it down like Juwan did.

Purdue returns everyone from a team with one of the two worst ever losses in NCAA history? Not sold on them (yes I know what Virginia did after that). Notice that hardly no one had them in the Final Four last year. Big Ten is too over hyped in hoops

Duke looks legit. Can Scheyer get them there?

FAU at #4??? Did UCLA in 2021 and UNC in 2022 not teach us anything about getting hot at the right time? They needed a blown call to beat Memphis in round 1

MSU also looks legit, but they look legit a lot and don't live up to it.

I ain't doing it for everyone, but there are questions about every team ahead of us. Thing is no one comes close to the talent we have. Will it come together and roll? Who knows anymore, but I like my team

moving-on.gif

Rated way too high the past couple of pre-seasons so I think this might be a good thing being ranked lower to start. We might be very good but won't really know until real games get here. And, this just might be the kick in the pants to get Cal and the players motivated to prove themselves. Hope so.

Well, it is Gary Parrish doing these rankings, so I take it with a grain of salt. I expect UK will be ranked 8-12 range when the first AP poll comes out. Talent wise, we are top 5. Just all dependent on how the team gels and how quickly the young guys grow up. A lot of potential!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT