ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Vols (Game 2)

Let's go 14 innings tonight! I'll be flipping radio broadcast at work back and forth between Cats and the Reds.

Cats in a lightning delay….last word was targeting a 7:45 start time.

I'm hearing thunder and I am 15 minutes from UK. That might reset the time to later.

Starting Strickland was a big surprise to me, but through two innings he is getting it done. Great catch by Thrasher.

Reactions: Cats2Omaha
How about that? Ritter puts Kentucky up 1 with a solo home run. Are we sure this is the same Kentucky team that has been playing all season?

We are hitting mistake pitches. The Vols pitchers are the ones making mistake pitches up in the zone.

Not sure that pitch was too bad to Rubalcaba but he put it right down the line like meant to. What is going on?

There was a pitch that was too good and Lipscomb nails it to score Beck.

Ortega gets a double. Looks like they figured out Strickland or he's getting tired. He was falling behind most of the batters.

This alignment by UK looks like Mingione overthinking it. Trying to be too cute. There is only one out and he is taking away the double play.

Cats still up 3-2. We are getting close to half way through the game and we still have the lead.

Cats up 4-2 in the top of the 7th, scoring on an error by the second baseman on a Harris infield hit and a double Oraj Anu.

Zack Lee out with two outs in the 7th. Bringing Harper back in. Two on. Harper falls behind 2-0. Not a good start but a great stab by Harris to get the grounder and the third out.

Gah! Rain delay in the top of the 8th with one out and a 2-2 count, nobody on. Going to be too late for me. I have an early soccer game to attend to.

This gets very tricky now...

-Does Harper come back out to finish?
-Does this game finish tonight or do they finish it before game 3 tomorrow?
-If it's tomorrow, then I almost think they have to bring Harney in to finish game 2. Have to win this game and worry about the sweep later.

Need 5 outs, let's do this!

This gets very tricky now...

-Does Harper come back out to finish?
-Does this game finish tonight or do they finish it before game 3 tomorrow?
-If it's tomorrow, then I almost think they have to bring Harney in to finish game 2. Have to win this game and worry about the sweep later.

Need 5 outs, let's do this!
Too long of a break to send a pitcher back out tonight. Harper probably done for the weekend. Bullpen getting thin.

I might bring in Harney though.

Well, should be a huge rest of Game 2 and start of Game 3 tomorrow.

We need to throw whoever tomorrow to take Game 2. Taking the series from Tennessee is huge. Gets us to 10 wins too with Carolina and Auburn left. Whatever it takes.

If we win the rest of G2 tomorrow, it'll be our 2nd SEC series win, but I'm hoping for a sweep tomorrow.

We've only beat UGA 2-1. Lost the first game, but won the last two and beat them 18-5 in the last game. Interestingly enough, we haven't been swept by any SEC team. We've won at least one game every series. This season wouldn't be that bad and Mingione wouldn't be on the hot seat if we could find some consistency.

We've only beat UGA 2-1. Lost the first game, but won the last two and beat them 18-5 in the last game. Interestingly enough, we haven't been swept by any SEC team. We've won at least one game every series. This season wouldn't be that bad and Mingione wouldn't be on the hot seat if we could find some consistency.
Do you mean at home? We were swept by Arkansas in the first series of the SEC season to get our expectations lowered.

Reactions: backinky2018
So who finishes game 2? Nove? Moore? Really not many good options.

Won't matter too much for me. I have family obligations that will keep me from watching. 😕

So who finishes game 2? Nove? Moore? Really not many good options.

Won't matter too much for me. I have family obligations that will keep me from watching. 😕
I was thinking it would be Moore, but I'm not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT