ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs NKU ( Wednesday ).....

I saw you guys I respect on this thread really being harsh on the team. We need to step back and think this through. This is pretty much a totally NEW TEAM! You can’t lose what they lost and expect them to come out and be good. The only way they can get better is by playing games. I’m not happy with the way they’ve played either but we have to be realistic here. Yes, they’re not good right now. Yes, they’re very frustrating. But 1 thing they showed tonight was . And to me, that’s a good place to start. 1 game at a time.

Lots of knee-jerk negativity on this message board. Well I'm going to look at the positives. Two wins. Two outstanding pitching performances by Macciocchi and Hazelwood. Huge 9th inning comeback.

This team has many young pitchers that haven't been successful just yet. But they are getting some innings and working to adjust to High level Division I baseball. To say they are not talented enough is simply premature.

Our lineup isn't young but many are also adjusting to a new level. It's early. Heck, Austin Peay took down #1 Vanderbilt last night. It happens in baseball. You're not sharp every time out.

Go Cats!

Lots of knee-jerk negativity on this message board. Well I'm going to look at the positives. Two wins. Two outstanding pitching performances by Macciocchi and Hazelwood. Huge 9th inning comeback.

This team has many young pitchers that haven't been successful just yet. But they are getting some innings and working to adjust to High level Division I baseball. To say they are not talented enough is simply premature.

Our lineup isn't young but many are also adjusting to a new level. It's early. Heck, Austin Peay took down #1 Vanderbilt last night. It happens in baseball. You're not sharp every time out.

Go Cats!

I don't know what is going to happen this year, but they may surprise the people that are ready to write them off this early. Do I think they will win the CWS? Well, not very likely. But we may finish further up in the SEC than you may think once these kids get a chance to learn a little.

I won't give up on them, but they need to come together as a team and use this home stand to get some confidence going into SEC play. Last night was a big first step towards that with the walk-off win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT