ADVERTISEMENT

CATS vs Morhead...

Sure hurt the fielding numbers this game. They had been excellent. We had been 15th in the nation in fielding at .991. Won't be that tomorrow.

Absolutely, I was hoping he was being groomed to replace Leach. But State is home for him. Great guy

Price is actually from East Tennessee. Morristown, Tn, but Cohen brought him to State and I doubt he leaves.

Cats with 4 errors already in this one as they fall behind 1-0 with Morehead still threatening with runners at the corners and 0 outs.
I was at the game and UK actually had 6 errors, so we must have a generous scorekeeper. Luckily the offense came alive in 8th inning

I was at the game and UK actually had 6 errors, so we must have a generous scorekeeper. Luckily the offense came alive in 8th inning

I would have called it 6. The throw to second that allowed a run to score is an error in my book. He isn't stealing there. He went because the ball go away from the fielders due to a poor throw.

O'Neil overrunning a bunt was boderline. Not sure if he touched it. So, maybe that isn't an error, but it is still a defensive mistake at least. I can see them leaving that off and calling it a hit, but still not the defense you want out there.

I would also call Lopez not throwing to first on the last play he makes in the game as at least a mental error. I think he was basically too terrified to try it again and was fine with giving up one base and not risking another. Not an error I'd put down in the books, but again, not what you want from your defense. Coaching staff has to think long and hard about his role going forward. Nothing against the guy, but I am just not sure he has the arm to play the hot corner.

Reactions: backinky2018
It is what it is at this point like you said he's not changing. Don't like it either. There are times for it and times you need to play for the big inning but we handle it one way only.
The flip side is we didn't bunt with the bases loaded in the first inning and hit into a rally killing 1-2-3 double play.

First inning, #4 hitter at the plate. No way I am bunting.
Got to do better there.
No question. I agree. Just like letting Devin hit in nearly identical situation in the 5th. But my point was, we don't handle it one way only, as was suggested. It doesn't and won't work every time but it's successful at this level more than it's not. Got Morehead's catcher sped up mentally last night and he made a basic miscue.

Reactions: briarcreek and dtjr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT