ADVERTISEMENT

CATS vs Morhead...

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
My buddy and I are headed down to the game at 2. Anybody else headed to the game. We'll be the two handsome guys in Blue.
Really, I'll have on a heavy jacket with WILDCATS logo on the back and a blue Tobagon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Comebakatz3
Cats got 1 hit in the 1st but loaded the bases twice. Couldn't scratch any as Pitre grounded into a double play to the pitcher and Critt grounded to first.

Laff settled in with a quick 2nd. State made some good contact against him, but UK defense was there

I'm goes to the pen to start the second. Hayden Smith makes his UK debut.

Smith had a leadoff comebacker that he ended up throwing away trying to throw the runner out at first, and they advanced to second on the throw away. Another comebacker advanced them to third but Morehead made a running error on a hard hit ball to third and sent the runner who Lopez threw out easily.

Cats with 4 errors already in this one as they fall behind 1-0 with Morehead still threatening with runners at the corners and 0 outs.

Sac fly made it 2-0 and UK goes to the pen. O'Brien in. Gets a K and then a pop out to left to end the inning.

Official scorer being very generous to UK fielders. Pitcher let the bunt go under his glove, scored hit. Catcher short hops throw to 2nd bouncing away allowing run from 3rd. UK should have 6 errors.

Cats falling apart defensively. 5 errors today and could have 2 more that weren't errors but they certainly weren't good defensive plays.

3-0 Morehead in the bottom 5

Morehead doing what UK can't as they get a fly ball to right with bases full of Cats and Smith tags up but gets thrown out at home for a double play to end the bottom of the 5th.

5-1 Morehead State. Byers gives up back to back singles to left to plate two runs after a sac bunt. Morehead still threatening

MCCOY SAVES MAYBE 2 RUNS WITH A DIVING GRAB IN THE ALLEY

Reactions: backinky2018
New pitcher for Morehead. Here is where UK needs to show the fight they had a year ago and claw back against the bullpen.

5-2 going to bottom 8. Morehead leading

UK with 3, 4, 5 coming up. Now is the time to get a part of this back.

Cats threatening now. Back to back singles by Pitre and Small with 1 out.

It worked because of the catcher’s poor situational awareness but why was UK bunting there?

I'm watching WKU's game with Lipscomb on ESPN+ so I was following the box score of the UK game. Was sweating until the Cats broke it open.

That's Mingione. He loves that style. He's always done it and won't change it. It's worked out well this game but I don't care for it all the time.
I am with you. I just don’t get bunting there. Runner was easily out if the catcher simply puts his foot on the plate lol.

I am with you. I just don’t get bunting there. Runner was easily out if the catcher simply puts his foot on the plate lol.

Mingione wants to put pressure on the defense and to make them make that rushed play. I think against many teams it will work like it did tonight. Against better teams and later in the year it's less likely to work and you end up bunting your way out of bigger innings.

I really enjoy Darren Headrick doing the games. The gap between him and Gabriel is, well a lot. 😂

Still miss Price, but Headrick is solid. Price to me is a perfect radio guy. Headrick is a real solid mix between tv and radio, the milb style

Reactions: Old_Red
Still miss Price, but Headrick is solid. Price to me is a perfect radio guy. Headrick is a real solid mix between tv and radio, the milb style
Absolutely, I was hoping he was being groomed to replace Leach. But State is home for him. Great guy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT