ADVERTISEMENT

Cats down Evansville 11-3, now 18-3

I was among the friends and family crowd at KPP. Our lineup tends to go through some dry spells, but once they start hitting, it seems to be contagious.

Pitre and Nicholson had great days at the plate. The two weak spots in the lineup are currently McCoy and Devon Burkes. Hoping both can get untracked b/c nearly everyone else is looking pretty good.

Lafferty was great on the mound. Bullpen was very good with the exception of O'Brien who gave up a homer and another RBI hit.

Love it when we avoid bad midweek losses. Time to go and win a series in Columbia.

I was among the friends and family crowd at KPP. Our lineup tends to go through some dry spells, but once they start hitting, it seems to be contagious.

Pitre and Nicholson had great days at the plate. The two weak spots in the lineup are currently McCoy and Devon Burkes. Hoping both can get untracked b/c nearly everyone else is looking pretty good.

Lafferty was great on the mound. Bullpen was very good with the exception of O'Brien who gave up a homer and another RBI hit.

Love it when we avoid bad midweek losses. Time to go and win a series in Columbia.
Agree on Burkes. At some point I wonder if CNM looks at moving Lopez to the third spot and Nicholson to clean up.

Church is the other one that needs to get hot.

Agree on Burkes. At some point I wonder if CNM looks at moving Lopez to the third spot and Nicholson to clean up.

Church is the other one that needs to get hot.
There's more to it. Lineup construction goes deeper than any of us fans realize. How opponents would try to navigate a lineup, who might see more fastballs because of who bats in front or behind him, how you might play certain situations (i.E. - not having two base cloggers speed-wise back-to-back, etc.). OBP guys around RBI guys. in the case of a guy like Devin, he leads the team in HBP and has double digit walks. Those are all RBI opportunities for the guys behind him (Lopez, Nicholson, Daly) even if he's not seeing a high average right now.

There's more to it. Lineup construction goes deeper than any of us fans realize. How opponents would try to navigate a lineup, who might see more fastballs because of who bats in front or behind him, how you might play certain situations (i.E. - not having two base cloggers speed-wise back-to-back, etc.). OBP guys around RBI guys. in the case of a guy like Devin, he leads the team in HBP and has double digit walks. Those are all RBI opportunities for the guys behind him (Lopez, Nicholson, Daly) even if he's not seeing a high average right now.
Don’t disagree

Reactions: Seamhead_Ninja

Fair points, but at some point, your 3 spot has to demonstrate the ability to get some clutch hits. CNM has moved Burkes down the lineup before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT