ADVERTISEMENT

Carr to kentucky?

I think MJ is the source in this case. Whoever predicted we'd get Grady is the same person saying this will happen. So either Matt is his own source or he has someone feeding him info. But Matt Jones is where all of this stuff is coming from.

Reactions: ukfan041
Where did Matt Jones say we're getting UK?

He said things like "UK and him are in contact" Or "there is some mutual interest" but I don't think he ever said it was a for sure thing or even a likely to happen

My understanding is that Carr wants to check in on his NBA chances, then transfer to UK if he doesn’t like his draft position this year. This is well known, and has been reported multiple places. Given that, guessing Carr will transfer to UK is a good bet for an ambitious public figure wanting to portray himself as a source. These hedged bets are a politician’s ploy.

Where did Matt Jones say we're getting UK?

He said things like "UK and him are in contact" Or "there is some mutual interest" but I don't think he ever said it was a for sure thing or even a likely to happen
He said on the show this morning, that he had a source that has been right a lot, that told him Carr will be a Cat by Tuesday. Said he does not know who the source is but he has contacted him in the past with info that turned out to be true.

This morning on the show they said that an anonymous source (same phone number that texted him on the show's "text machine" both times) who predicted Grady to UK is predicting Carr to UK. Take that with a mountain of salt.

mcmaybe.jpg

My understanding is that Carr wants to check in on his NBA chances, then transfer to UK if he doesn’t like his draft position this year. This is well known, and has been reported multiple places. Given that, guessing Carr will transfer to UK is a good bet for an ambitious public figure wanting to portray himself as a source. These hedged bets are a politician’s ploy.
He did say we would hear by next Tuesday. So, if he was hell bent on exploring pro options he would likely need longer than next Tuesday for that. Especially when you consider he has until July 10th to withdraw and return. Sounds like there is probably some truth to what is being reported if they are putting a date to it.

Reactions: westerncat
This morning on the show they said that an anonymous source (same phone number that texted him on the show's "text machine" both times) who predicted Grady to UK is predicting Carr to UK. Take that with a mountain of salt.

Got it, thanks

I have not listened to today's show yet

Reactions: ganner918
I think I would prefer some others over Carr
Abmas from Oral Roberts

MASON FAULKNER from Western Carolina

MARREON JACKSON from Toledo

I'm not sure Carr would be at the top of my list
i’d really like to have Faulkner

He did say we would hear by next Tuesday. So, if he was hell bent on exploring pro options he would likely need longer than next Tuesday for that. Especially when you consider he has until July 10th to withdraw and return. Sounds like there is probably some truth to what is being reported if they are putting a date to it.
Maybe so, or not, but this information is circulating among a lot of people. No secret. It is all over ESPN, Rivals, and 247. I know familiar behavior when I see it, and I know how often this “source” has been incorrect with hedged guesses in the past. Did Cawood, Ralph, or any other UK sports analyst ever behave this way for self aggrandizement or personal profit? It certainly isn’t against the law. I am not suggesting moral impropriety, but I sure do take this “source” with a grain of salt. And if Carr ends up at UK, nobody in the sports industry will be the slightest bit surprised. I know I won’t be.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
never seen either one of those guys - Jackson or Faulkner

can Jones round up some good forwards too & another shooting guard

Maybe so, or not, but this information is circulating among a lot of people. No secret. It is all over ESPN, Rivals, and 247. I know familiar behavior when I see it, and I know how often this “source” has been incorrect with hedged guesses in the past. Did Cawood, Ralph, or any other UK sports analyst ever behave this way for self aggrandizement or personal profit? It certainly isn’t against the law. I am not suggesting moral impropriety, but I sure do take this “source” with a grain of salt. And if Carr ends up at UK, nobody in the sports industry will be the slightest bit surprised. I know I won’t be.
Lol, what?
I have seen other sites mention we were involved with Carr, but KSR is the only one I have seen commit to him announcing by next Tuesday.

Reactions: G-PIP
Abmas from Oral Roberts

No offense, but I’m going to go with what Cal thinks is the best fit on this one.

If this is true............. then what has cal changed? Absolutely f****** nothing this is him getting his 1 shooter he likes to have on a team (like Herro) and the rest slashers that dont shoot well because Carr is 31% 3pt and a bad 38% fg overall last year.
Whine, whine, whine. If you don’t like the way Cal coaches, find another team.

He shot 36% from three the previous season, which is certainly good enough to keep the defense honest. He probably tried to do a little too much last season, which can happen when you have a talented kid on a not so talented overall roster. Put him with better players and not make him the focal point for baskets and I bet his percentage improves.

I'm fine with bringing in Carr. He is probably the closest thing to an elite PG we have a shot at right now who can come in and start from day 1. He at least has the skills to break down defenses and get inside, which is something we totally lacked this past season. Allen and Grady can handle the majority of the shooting duties, as can Mintz if he returns. Carr is the guy we need that can get to the hoop, finish and facilitate. And he's actually a better shooter than his 31% this season indicates.

I'm not exactly thrilled with Cal right now, but some of the criticism is so over the top, I feel compelled to respond.

If you have watched Carr play, you know he takes a lot of shots. A lot of bad shots. A lot of very bad shots.

If Cal can get him to play within the system and take better shots, there is no reason to think his three point shooting percentage can't rise 5% or so.

That would make him a respectable shooter, and is really the only flaw in his game at this point.

He would be a HUGE get.

Whine, whine, whine. If you don’t like the way Cal coaches, find another team.

...... if you switched teams just because you think your coach is having complete dementia and performing subpar ............... there'd be no UK fans as we'd all of switched teams that 4 years stretch of Tubby-BCG.

and no....... if Cal doesnt change.. my voice and the voices of many many of us in BBN will continue to get angry and let everyone know because we will not accept bad basketball and we do not like the decline Cal has us on.

if we get Carr, obviously I hope he improves but we 100% need more shooters..... 38% fg shooting loses games. you're out of your damn mind if you dont understand that. there are better PG's on the transfer market.. this would just be settling and cal wanting to fall back on his same ole offensive style.

Look I don’t like Calapari personally cannot listen to him
But some of these guys on here are just flat bitching about everything
He had the #1 class last year - they sucked - we all thought they would be good - only one that played go expectations was Mintz
He’s going to win the transfer portal - he looks to have 3 solid frosh coming in
I do think Cal knows he can’t suck next year and will do whatever necessary to win.
I’m willing to see how it plays out

Abmas from Oral Roberts

I'm not going to pretend like I've seen much of any of these dudes much bc I didn't watch much this year bc it was just flat out depressing lol.

So my question to you is why?

My gut tells me take the guy who scored 19ppg in a power 5 conference vs those from g5 or even lower.

...... if you switched teams just because you think your coach is having complete dementia and performing subpar ............... there'd be no UK fans as we'd all of switched teams that 4 years stretch of Tubby-BCG.

and no....... if Cal doesnt change.. my voice and the voices of many many of us in BBN will continue to get angry and let everyone know because we will not accept bad basketball and we do not like the decline Cal has us on.

if we get Carr, obviously I hope he improves but we 100% need more shooters..... 38% fg shooting loses games. you're out of your damn mind if you dont understand that. there are better PG's on the transfer market.. this would just be settling and cal wanting to fall back on his same ole offensive style.
We just let a shooter walk with Powell going to UT.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
lol Matt doesn't even know who the person is who texted him that, but Matt says the person has been very reliable in the past.

So read what you want into it.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I'm not exactly thrilled with Cal right now, but some of the criticism is so over the top, I feel compelled to respond.

If you have watched Carr play, you know he takes a lot of shots. A lot of bad shots. A lot of very bad shots.

If Cal can get him to play within the system and take better shots, there is no reason to think his three point shooting percentage can't rise 5% or so.

That would make him a respectable shooter, and is really the only flaw in his game at this point.

He would be a HUGE get.
Not going to sugar coat a player because he might be coming to UK ........... you and many others would be saying the same thing if this kid was transferring to Duke, UL, UNC etc.... none of you would be worried due to his not so good shooting and his bad shot selection...

and PS.. if he can shoot 36% like he did the year before ok thats good..... but if his overall FG% is 38%...... it better be because 3pt shots is all he takes or else shooting 2's badly will doom us in big games.

Reactions: SmedMoley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT