ADVERTISEMENT

Card logic - wait for it.

"with all games vacated between 2010 and 2015 (NCAA demands monies repaid for tourneys 2012-15) then Louisville is now 1-0 vs. Kentucky since Cal took over head coach."

2016 baby!
2015 and 2016 should have been vacated too. Mango baby.

They are appealing now. Of course they are because the like underage kids having sex set up on campus. There should be the option if you a appeal that the outcome could come out much worse.

Reactions: CatThatAteTheCanary
All over twitter they are saying they don't care because they watched the team beat Michigan.
I would be saying that too, if it happened at UK. How many times do you look at our banners? Not very often, I bet. But I think about the 2012 GAME all the time.

That's why the banner coming down is no big deal for me. I'd much rather they get another post season ban. And definitely more than a 5 GAME suspension for ratino!!

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I would be saying that too, if it happened at UK. How many times do you look at our banners? Not very often, I bet. But I think about the 2012 GAME all the time.

That's why the banner coming down is no big deal for me. I'd much rather they get another post season ban. And definitely more than a 5 GAME suspension for ratino!!
I want them to burn.

"Being intelekually privaliged, we no that a nashionol championship meens nothing, so losing one is nothing, LPT has 8 and their no better than us." - (insert username here)

Here's why, even though you're right, you should care and understand hoe big of a deal it is.

Louisville is going to be the only program in history to have a title vacated. That's unbelievably important. That stain will not come off, ever. Pitino now provides definitive proof to players, fans, and future coaches that the dream of louisville overtaking Kentucky, being nationally relevant, and becoming a blueblood was and is nothing less than impossible.

These kinds of things can cause extreme damage for the future of their program.

Here's why, even though you're right, you should care and understand hoe big of a deal it is.

Louisville is going to be the only program in history to have a title vacated. That's unbelievably important. That stain will not come off, ever. Pitino now provides definitive proof to players, fans, and future coaches that the dream of louisville overtaking Kentucky, being nationally relevant, and becoming a blueblood was and is nothing less than impossible.

Maybe but it hasn't seemed to hurt their recruiting, so far. Another post season ban would hurt recruiting.

I heard today from some of the Card Nation:
Well..since UL was actually only successful with signing 3 of the 14 recruits (21%) that were at these sex parties- so then how could the NCAA really consider it a recruiting benefit??:joy:

Maybe but it hasn't seemed to hurt their recruiting, so far. Another post season ban would hurt recruiting.
Maybe temporarily. The truth is UofL's recruiting has improved because they have a rockstar assistant coach who excels at recruiting, Kenny Johnson. If they lose him, then their recruiting goes right back to picking up leftovers.

I prefer the banner coming down. That is putting the punishment on the players who participated in the illegal benefits, and it tarnishes UofL's legacy forever.

I agree, thats why I said you weren't wrong. But the lasting effects of this especially historically, is devistating.

Louisville has been severely downgraded and it's not a program that's worth enough to big name coaches to save, like UK basketball or Alabama football.

Part of the defense from actual UofL school officials is that not that much money was involved, so the penalties are too harsh. That is the same as saying, "But they were just two bit hookers, if they had been high class hookers it might be different." UofL is just making this look worse and worse all the time with the way they are handling the situation.

Banners and wins vacated are far more important. Pimptino has done nothing in the postseason at UL. Nothing. I want his embalmed ass to stay at that ghetto commuter school another ten years.

no big deal at Memphis, either

All over twitter they are saying they don't care because they watched the team beat Michigan.

I watched Memphis play in the National Championship game in 2008 too. Didn't stop Louisville fans from bellowing out about how they "Couldn't seem to find these previous Calipari Final Fours in the record books." Gotta love those double standards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lempface

According to Benedict yesterday he says the future is brighter than ever...multiple ff's and NC.

Reactions: morgousky

Which is true. We use that logic to give Calipari his FF's.

Now that being said, Scout is UNBELIEVABLE

- katina is not trustworthy, all her testimony is on drugs and her lawyer is a UK fan who wrote her diary
- 34% of appeals in NCAA history have been overturned, so they like their chances

my favorite:

Cards96 wrote: Absolutely. I'll go as far as to say the NCAA made this ruling knowing it would be overturned in order to look strong. Wouldn't surprise me if Louisville knew this behind the scenes, though that'll never be made known.

its more of the stigma associated with cheaters.

They'll never be able to talk about 2013 without someone following up with "but you had to forfeit that title"

its like a permanent *

The best part is Pitino getting that tattoo to honor it.

It's obvious by UofL's reaction that they feel like vacating the 2013 title and the 2012 FF appearance is a pretty big deal. If they had just received an additional post-season ban and the title would have been allowed to stand, you could make a pretty compelling argument that the cheating was totally worth it despite the embarrassing nature of the violations. They would have sat out of the tournament and then moved on... the scandal wouldn't have been forgotten about, but seldom talked about or referenced during their games after the punishment was served and the 2013 banner would have continued to hang as a great source of pride for the program and its fans.

Now, with the distinction of being the only school to vacate a title, it will be referenced ad nauseam for years and years to come much like Cal being the only coach to vacate FF's at 2 different schools is, except this is much worse because it's a vacated championship and because you can't talk about the vacated title without remembering why it was vacated (and the legacy of providing prostitutes to a slew of underage recruits and players is a much uglier, more embarrassing stain than Camby taking money from an agent or Rose cheating on his ACT while in high school). So, they'll never really escape the shadow of this whole ordeal now. They will wear this vacated banner around like a damn Scarlet Letter, forever reminding one and all of their sordid prostitution scandal in the men's basketball dorm (and their tone deaf response to said scandal and the resulting sanctions).

All UofL and its fans can really do is tell themselves that the banner doesn't really matter because they watched the team win the title on the court and/or convince themselves that they stand a good chance of winning an appeal of the sanctions (they don't), but make no mistake, vacating the title (and a Final Four) is a HUGE deal (as their ridiculous "we're the victim" response to the sanctions yesterday clearly portrayed).

I understand what you're saying and that may be true to you and the generation that lived through this period. However, memories fade and history is forgiving. It is much more damning to the program and will make the stain much more permanent by having the title taken off the books. If it isn't officially vacated then we may put a asterisk beside it in our minds for the next 50 years but eventually that fades and nobody remembers. Its why it is important UNC gets hit with a real punishment. We all know how dirty they are and how tainted the history is; But unless it effects the record books then it wont matter from a historical standpoint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT