ADVERTISEMENT

Can Pope get players

He’ll recruit better at UK than he did at BYU. Hopefully better enough that we can win some meaningful games.

Reactions: CatsDomain
We shouldn't worry about 5* players that are overrated, don't perform and leave (i.e. Justin Edwards and probably DJ Wagner).

Use the UConn model and get portal guys.

Do you realize how hard it is to recruit to BYU? There are only certain types of kids who will go there ... that is why he hasn't recruited a bunch of 4 and 5* players.

Recruiting to UK is totally different. He will be able to get players - especially playing a run-and-gun style.

We shouldn't worry about 5* players that are overrated, don't perform and leave (i.e. Justin Edwards and probably DJ Wagner).

Use the UConn model and get portal guys.

Do you realize how hard it is to recruit to BYU? There are only certain types of kids who will go there ... that is why he hasn't recruited a bunch of 4 and 5* players.

Recruiting to UK is totally different. He will be able to get players - especially playing a run-and-gun style.
You literally can't cuddle or have coffee at BYU

BYU is a private university owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, whose general membership has committed to not using alcohol, tobacco, coffee, or tea. Accordingly, no smoking or drinking of alcohol, coffee, or tea is permitted on the BYU campus, though other caffeinated beverages are allowed.

BYU is a private university owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, whose general membership has committed to not using alcohol, tobacco, coffee, or tea. Accordingly, no smoking or drinking of alcohol, coffee, or tea is permitted on the BYU campus, though other caffeinated beverages are allowed.

Side note: what’s the issue with tea? Genuinely curious.

Don’t get me wrong….i am not happy this evening and I’m shocked…but as I realize that he put together a top 25 team at a school that doesn’t allow you to drink tea and coffee…I must admit it intrigues me
It's interesting to me to see just how bad it will get.When Cal wins in Rupp it's going to be brutal.

Reactions: Warf2012

It’s a religion founded on white supremacy. It’s basically Christianity + overt White supremacy. It’s not controversial to say they have trouble recruiting black athletes. They had some good black players over the years, but Pope was recruiting there with a hand tied behind his back.

Look up 'soaking' and 'shaking' and tell me it isn't a minor miracle that any 18 year old kids decided to play at BYU. He definitely wasn't in my top 10 choices but that place is a hard sell so if he can put a team together there he can probably do it anywhere.

JB

Reactions: BigKari
It comes down to this. Can he recruit high level players. Can he get elite portal players to come. We don’t have to be an NBA factory but you still have to get elite talent. Can he do that is the question. I guess we will see.
Yes 1-2 stars

Don’t get me wrong….i am not happy this evening and I’m shocked…but as I realize that he put together a top 25 team at a school that doesn’t allow you to drink tea and coffee…I must admit it intrigues me
Can't have a beard can't play or practice on a Sunday. Doing some reading tonight It's crazy the restrictions they have.

Reactions: crawfords corner
Can't have a beard can't play or practice on a Sunday. Doing some reading tonight It's crazy the restrictions they have.
The no coed cuddling rules make me wonder how they could even man a chess match.

It comes down to this. Can he recruit high level players. Can he get elite portal players to come. We don’t have to be an NBA factory but you still have to get elite talent. Can he do that is the question. I guess we will see.
I hope he brings Khalifa with him. 6’11” center that shoots 36% from the three

• Angry
Reactions: Warf2012
Pope led the anti horns down thing, and made fans take their horns down shirts off.
Yep. He needs to leave that mentality at the Morman school. We are here to take our opponents hearts and make life miserable for them. Anyone offended by a non vulgar hand gesture needs to have it rubbed in their face.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT