ADVERTISEMENT

Camp Cal Won’t Teach this Team to Finish the Last 4:00

UKMKG

Sophomore
Apr 8, 2012
We know Cal teams suck the air out of the ball and blow leads in the last 4:00 minutes in the post season dating back to Cal losing the natty to Kansas.

With that said…how ridiculous is it to suggest we should wait until 1/3 through the season to teach the team some sets to finish the game?!!!

Didn’t this team have a summer trip to Canada? Middle school teams put in end game sets the first week of practice.

Cal is so full of 💩

1-E57-E74-F-881-F-4-A01-A798-041-C01153-E1-A.jpg

We know Cal teams suck the air out of the ball and blow leads in the last 4:00 minutes in the post season dating back to Cal losing the natty to Kansas.

With that said…how ridiculous is it to suggest we should wait until 1/3 through the season to teach the team some sets to finish the game?!!!

Didn’t this team have a summer trip to Canada? Middle school teams put in end game sets the first week of practice.

Cal is so full of
It’s funny, I’ve always thought that the Camo Cal stuff was lunacy for the reasons you mention and yet our fan base keeps buying the used car that is a lemon. Here it is 2023 and he continues to get away with the schtick.

We made some great strides, we rarely play our best the last 4 minutes but we made it to OT and played very well for once. This team won’t quit.

This team has to LEARN how to perform down the stretch.

The 2014 runner-up team only beat a bad Cleveland State team by 6.

The Maxey/Quickley team LOST to Evansville, and then almost lost to Utah Valley in the very next game (won by 6).

John Wall beat Miami (OH) by 2 on a game winner.

The Tyler Herro/Keldon Johnson team only beat VMI by 8 and Southern Illinois by 12.

Even the 2012 team only beat Old Dominion by 10.

These young teams are going to have games like this, and you're right, this team doesn't quit.

"Refuse to Lose" these types of games.

It’s funny, I’ve always thought that the Camo Cal stuff was lunacy for the reasons you mention and yet our fan base keeps buying the used car that is a lemon. Here it is 2023 and he continues to get away with the schtick.
It’s the same Kentuckians that get fooled by governors with a last name they know. They complain and complain…vote in the same party and expect things to change. Cal knows this.

And John Wall’s team got their arses beat in the tournament by a better coach with far less talent so get off Cal’s jock.
We lost to WVU because that team kept jacking up threes instead of getting the ball inside like Cal was telling them to. They were like 2-32 from three or something like that. The Golden State Warriors lose when they shoot that poorly too.

And John Wall’s team got their arses beat in the tournament by a better coach with far less talent so get off Cal’s jock.
That same one that we went into Morgantown and beat? Cal has sucked the last three seasons, but he does pull on out of his backside every now and then.

This isn’t the game to make a thread like this. On 3 straight possessions to end regulation (excluding the Adou missed FTs), we got a wide open Tre Mitchell 3, a wide open Dilly baseline jumper, and a great out of bounds play to get Wagner attacking the rim with the floor spaced, with Mitchell crashing for the easy putback if Wagner misses (which he did).

I was actually pleasantly surprised by some of the sets we ran on offense. Also ran two great in bounds plays against the press in OT to get runouts.

• Haha
Reactions: UKMKG and Jazzycat
That same one that we went into Morgantown and beat? Cal has sucked the last three seasons, but he does pull on out of his backside every now and then.
Was Morgantown hosting an NCAA tournament game? I was under the impression that tournament games meant more than regular season games. At least, that's what Cal and his bois always tell me.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Check the record on Cal’s record in 5 point games and overtime.

He’s among the best all time.

Or just check it at UK. He’s among the best all time.

Pitino is among the worst all time.

But some supposed UK fans see it thru a different prism.

Wanna just cherry pick the tourney?

Does SEC tourney count?

The CHC won’t count it. That record is too good.

So just count the 5 point or less and overtime in the tourney under Cal at UK.

Be warned CHC, the numbers don’t fit your whines.

I didn't post the numbers. Over Cal's tenure at UK we have played 13 games in the NCAA tournament decided by 5 points or less. Our record? 10 wins. 3 losses. So much for choking down the stretch.

Last edited:
Ask Oscar and Tre who the better coach was.
Huggins was a head coach over 40 years. 2 final fours, no rings.

How do you turn this political? I bet you don't enjoy orgasms.
Not to mention that Governor Beshear was literally the ONLY Democrat to win statewide office. His argument that voters/fans are dumb and/or sheep is completely idiotic. I think what the last two gubernatorial elections proved is that even though this is a pretty conservative state, Kentuckians are smart enough to recognize bullshit when they see it. Kinda like what this poster is peddling. :)

I know there is a politics thread. I was using this as an example only. This was completely basketball related. I will discuss politics no further in here. LOL

Last edited:
This team has to LEARN how to perform down the stretch.

The 2014 runner-up team only beat a bad Cleveland State team by 6.

The Maxey/Quickley team LOST to Evansville, and then almost lost to Utah Valley in the very next game (won by 6).

John Wall beat Miami (OH) by 2 on a game winner.

The Tyler Herro/Keldon Johnson team only beat VMI by 8 and Southern Illinois by 12.

Even the 2012 team only beat Old Dominion by 10.

These young teams are going to have games like this, and you're right, this team doesn't quit.

"Refuse to Lose" these types of games.
That’s Cal’s favorite! I’d love to se e practice a couple times to see what we work on in regards to end of game stuff. I know a lot of college games are close and someone loses but I’m tired of being up 6 with 4 minutes left and lose.

Some people just love misery. This is a fun team to watch and hopefully they make a good run. It's the hardest title to win in all of sports. Hope we come out on top in the end, but I'm not going to sit here and complain about watching the current product on the floor...

Cal is so full of 💩
Just curious, OP. Does a person like yourself enjoy games like tonight, that make Cal look good? Do you get angry when the man you constantly complain about has a great game, or are you happy?

I'm seriously curious.

Cal is so full of 💩
Sad Arrested Development GIF

Reactions: Louis_Skunt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT