ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Reddish

I think it’s been far and away proven for quite some time now that Cal does a good job developing guys. Remember when Kyrie Irving got hurt at Duke? When he came back he too was noticeably bigger upon his return. Zion got hurt, maybe just maybe he too was bigger than he had been most of the season for the same obvious reasons? Or you think Duke doesn’t have a conditioning program at all? That K just has then come in and play around ?

Apparently not as good as it should be...

Last edited:
Duke has an elite conditioning program just like UK. Duke even has a personal chief for the team and a nutrition plan for each player. They receive these nutrition plans before they ever arrive on campus.

Zion weight was probably closer to 275 while he was playing at Duke. It naturally went up after he left campus and was away from basketball activities going around collecying his hardware at every reward show there was. The kid was defientlu eating good and living his best life as he deserved.

Conditioning isn't the problem for kids at Duke or UK. Cams problem is in his own head and has been since high school. But the kid is still a great defender and it showz if you actually watch his games. He often locks up the other teams best players. If you just look at his stats you see a bad game.

Duke also puts out befire and after photos of their players after camp. They often look rather different but alot of that stuff is photo shopped as is the same for UK.

:joy: Yeah, Coach Cal hires a photoshopper and K just hires shoppers...

Listen, Cal is a great coach. UK is a great program with a lot of players who have gone on to the next level and don’t well and some, not so well. I get it, let’s always compare to one up each other. But at the end of the day, i think we can admit that it’s really not necessary to tear one down to prop the other up. BOTH programs stand on their own merits and accomplishments regardless of what the other does. UK can’t get all the best players and neither can Duke. UK can’t always win the National Title abs neither can Duke. UK can’t always have a player go and do well and neither can Duke. I wish everyone would just be happy with their own program’s success and be content with it.
Tell ya what, if you go to DI start a thread asking for my ban to be removed, and post it here for proof I’ll give you a like.

I live in Atlanta and have been watching him preseason. Watched last nights game. I hate Duke so he started off in a hole for me. Truthfully, I think he is going to be a good player. He has scared to death last night. I wasnt much of a Tre Young fan either but this is his second year and he had 37 and 9 rebounds from the PG position. Hawks have a good young team. Missing a few pieces but give them a few years they will be tough.

Listen, Cal is a great coach. UK is a great program with a lot of players who have gone on to the next level and don’t well and some, not so well. I get it, let’s always compare to one up each other. But at the end of the day, i think we can admit that it’s really not necessary to tear one down to prop the other up. BOTH programs stand on their own merits and accomplishments regardless of what the other does. UK can’t get all the best players and neither can Duke. UK can’t always win the National Title abs neither can Duke. UK can’t always have a player go and do well and neither can Duke. I wish everyone would just be happy with their own program’s success and be content with it.
I don't know who you think anyone on here gives a shit about Duke I know I don't why don't you just stay on the Duke board instead of trying to tell me how great Duke is. I hate everything Duke I hate your coach I hate your players I hate all your cheatleaders at ESPN and since you have Duke in your n

I'm not a fan of either but all the anti Duke NBA. Seems they have a starter or so on every team, they are all over the place .they are doing better than any other program. They had kennard, winslow, Ingrahan, Irving, Tatum, reddick who last few years score 20 plus a game. How is that bad? Then you got Zion and bagley who are good Injured the. Rj doing good y'all talk like they suck. Can make argument better than anyone .every night they have 4-5 20 point scorers.

I'm not a fan of either but all the anti Duke NBA. Seems they have a starter or so on every team, they are all over the place .they are doing better than any other program. They had kennard, winslow, Ingrahan, Irving, Tatum, reddick who last few years score 20 plus a game. How is that bad? Then you got Zion and bagley who are good Injured the. Rj doing good y'all talk like they suck. Can make argument better than anyone .every night they have 4-5 20 point scorers.

I'll give you EVERY Duke player in the NBA and I'll take EVERY UK player in the NBA and let's see who wins?

Heck, I'll let you throw in LBJ or Leonard to go with all of the Dukies and I would still take the UK players.

I'm just staying Duke is got alot of talent .in 3-4 years Zion, bagley, Carter and others have established themselves. Does Duke and kentucky have half the NBA rosters .Seems unc board said the other day that these two suck .how can half the nab be from two schools seems like and suck .You and Duke are lucky .

Anyone have espn insider. Said brandon ingrham free agent after this year and could team back up with James and Davis .they may never lose again those three be wild. Davis is about get couple titles next few years .

You don't know if it's been photo-shopped or not. Quit trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

And you can say what you want, but my eyes told me that conditioning was definitely an issue for Zion.
The fact is these pictures are doctored up to make the kids look better. It's marketing 101 you can wear your blue color goggles all you want and scream no UK dont do that not possible.

My eyes told me that even with Zions "issues" for conditioning he was still in good enough shape to dominate college basketball including helping lay UK out for a 30 piece on game 1. The kid played almost every minute during the ACC tournamnet after coming off an injury.

His conditioning during the season was never an issue. We all can only wish to be in that bad of shape one day I suppose.

The fact is these pictures are doctored up to make the kids look better. It's marketing 101 you can wear your blue color goggles all you want and scream no UK dont do that not possible.

My eyes told me that even with Zions "issues" for conditioning he was still in good enough shape to dominate college basketball including helping lay UK out for a 30 piece on game 1. The kid played almost every minute during the ACC tournamnet after coming off an injury.

His conditioning during the season was never an issue. We all can only wish to be in that bad of shape one day I suppose.

ok, seems you’re convinced of the photoshop theory. I’m gonna need some proof. Simple enough, right? And literally every analyst on every game mentioned his conditioning. I guess your glasses are a little different color blue, huh? Now run along jerk

Duke players don’t have a leg to stand on compared to what UK players do! One stat stands out to me! 22 max contracts over the last 10 years 7 are wildcats and 1 is a Dukie who barely played! 1 billion in contracts by UK players!

Anyone have espn insider. Said brandon ingrham free agent after this year and could team back up with James and Davis .they may never lose again those three be wild. Davis is about get couple titles next few years .
Yes, because Brandon Ingram is just setting the NBA ablaze right now and all. Honestly, Ingram should never even be mentioned in the same breath as LBJ and AD. You can't be serious?! Are you high?!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Yeah, I’m not as blinded by Duke hatred as 90% of the posters here but you’d have to be on peyote to say Duke players stack up with UK players in the NBA.

I'll give you EVERY Duke player in the NBA and I'll take EVERY UK player in the NBA and let's see who wins?

Heck, I'll let you throw in LBJ or Leonard to go with all of the Dukies and I would still take the UK players.

You could legit draft a 12-man fantasy team of all UK players.. and still win.

KAT Davis - 1st round talent.
Booker, Fox, Murray - 2nd and 3rd round talent
SGA, Randle, Bledsoe - 4th and 5th round talent.
Knox, PJ ‐ 7th and 8th round talent

Keep in mind, this doesn't include Wall or Cousins who have season affecting injuries. You can fill out the last spot or two with guys like Hami, Lyles, Rondo, etc.

No other school can come CLOSE to this.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT