ADVERTISEMENT

Cals Entitled Players

MrHotDice

All-American
Nov 1, 2002
Isn’t it obvious that the players on last years team was not focused on winning but sucking the system for all it was worth. I wonder if Z ever understood the countless hours that the UK Administration did so he could play. Did he think that was Cal that got him in and then didn’t play him. What is wrong with these entitled men. I doubt he gave Mark Pope the time of day. Very disappointed in his actions.

Isn’t it obvious that the players on last years team was not focused on winning but sucking the system for all it was worth. I wonder if Z ever understood the countless hours that the UK Administration did so he could play. Did he think that was Cal that got him in and then didn’t play him. What is wrong with these entitled men. I doubt he gave Mark Pope the time of day. Very disappointed in his actions.
Z has the mindset of a 12 year old, he’s a kid. He doesn’t care…..

I'd argue the real entitled ones are the grown ass adults acting like these kids owe them something. The vast vast majority of people make career decisions that they think will benefit their future. Z thinks it's in his best interest to continue playing for Cal. Stop trying to make him out to be the selfish one.

If it were your kid what would you tell them to do? Make a decision they think is best for their future career or hang onto some abstract concept of gratitude and stay where they are in a situation they didn't sign up for?

And before we tout all that UK did to help Z, isn't UK the one who refused to admit him at first? Not sure he exactly feels like he owes the school anything.

I'd argue the real entitled ones are the grown ass adults acting like these kids owe them something. The vast vast majority of people make career decisions that they think will benefit their future. Z thinks it's in his best interest to continue playing for Cal. Stop trying to make him out to be the selfish one.

If it were your kid what would you tell them to do? Make a decision they think is best for their future career or hang onto some abstract concept of gratitude and stay where they are in a situation they didn't sign up for?

And before we tout all that UK did to help Z, isn't UK the one who refused to admit him at first? Not sure he exactly feels like he owes the school anything.
Are you really a UK fan

If you were Z and traveled across the world to play for a coach with a cell phone full of NBA phone numbers and your primary goal was to get to the league, you’d follow that cell phone.

Are you really a UK fan
No, I've been on this forum for 16 years just to pretend...

I'm just not going to begrudge a kid for making a decision that he feels is best for his future after what he signed up for no longer exists. If this was some PhD candidate who came to a university to work under a professor, and then the professor left and took his research project with him nobody would call the student selfish for following the professor to his new school. This is the same thing. Z is making a decision he feels is best for his future career.

Let's be honest, a kid from Croatia didn't come here to play for UK. 12 months ago he probably couldn't point out Kentucky on a map. He came here to play for Cal and that's fine. Live and let live.

ehhh, at the end of the day he feels like Cal can get him to the league which is his goal, we want guys who wanna be here and take pride in the name on the front, he doesn't wanna be here so let him move on. I think a lot of our fanbase needs to realize the guys who are solely focused on the league are the guys we aren't going after, sure we'll still get ya know maybe 1 to 2 burger boys but we'll be predominantly focusing on guys who fit the program and putting together an actual roster that fits our offensive/defensive schemes. not lets grab 7 burger boys and pray they're good as their high school ranking has them and guarantee them minutes.

I'm just not going to begrudge a kid for making a decision that he feels is best for his future after what he signed up for no longer exists. If this was some PhD candidate who came to a university to work under a professor, and then the professor left and took his research project with him nobody would call the student selfish for following the professor to his new school. This is the same thing. Z is making a decision he feels is best for his future career.

Let's be honest, a kid from Croatia didn't come here to play for UK. 12 months ago he probably couldn't point out Kentucky on a map. He came here to play for Cal and that's fine. Live and let live.
"Love you guys" - Z to fans cheering him after his coming out party and after the BILLBOARD.

"Byeeeeee" - Z to same fans when Cal leaves

"How dare you criticize him for leaving!" - fake fans to real fans who are miffed at the slight by the merc player

When Cal came to UK in 2009, he had seven players from the previous year stick around to play for UK the next year, after BCG got fired.

Those seven players played a combined average of 94.9-mpg for Cal in 2009/10, with four of them playing 11.0/ 15.3/ 21.2 and 33.0 minutes per game. And those seven players knew going in that Cal was bringing a STRONG recruiting class with him and they still stayed at UK during the coaching change.

Just think if Cal could have talked Jodie into sticking around for one more year!!!! The 4-32, 12.5% on 3-pointers and a seven point loss to West Virginia ain't happening!!!

RIP: 2008/09, 22-14 (8-8), 3-2 in SEC/ NIT tournaments
RIP: 2023/24, 23-10 (13-5), 0-2 in SEC/ NCAA tournaments

good grief. cal barely played the kid. get over it, fans are gonna fan. go to the arky board for your positive Z comments.

Are you really a UK fan
If they want to go to Arkansas and suck just as they did at UK, don't just let them go, help them go. lt is time to win the right way. If it takes a while to change the vector that Cal created, so be it, but it isn't Marks fault that we are in this mess. This mess occurred under Cal's watch. The fact that these guys put Cal over the university is the reason that I am glad that Cal and the players are gone. If you really believe in Mark, you should be equally glad they are gone because it is obvious they aren't representative of what Mark wants to bring back to UK.

Last edited:
I wanted him to say because he was a big, goofy and talented kid who was fun to watch and I think he would have thrived under Pope.
But the bottom line is that Cal has a deserved reputation of getting guys drafted, in many cases above where they should be.

Z doesn’t want an NCAA title. I mean, he would take one. But he really wants a second NBA contract.

I wanted him to say because he was a big, goofy and talented kid who was fun to watch and I think he would have thrived under Pope.
But the bottom line is that Cal has a deserved reputation of getting guys drafted, in many cases above where they should be.

Z doesn’t want an NCAA title. I mean, he would take one. But he really wants a second NBA contract.
Tell me which non-5-star player has Cal gotten drafted in the first round? The players who were drafted would have been drafted regardless of where they played. It is laughable that some of these players averaging under 6 points a game decided to go pro. Lol. You act like Cal has been getting 4 and 3 star players drafted in the first round.

Last edited:
Reactions: crestcat and chroix

While I agree, the last paragraph felt unnecessary. Still hope the best for him.

GLPQ7VKXwAAcWEd

While I agree, the last paragraph felt unnecessary. Still hope the best for him.

GLPQ7VKXwAAcWEd
This kid will continue to suck and look lost on the court as long as Cal is the one coaching him. He should have at least gone to a place that would actually teach him how to play. For those who keep talking about how many players Cal has sent to the NBA, explain how he screwed up DJ and Edwards. These were two of the highest rated players coming of high school and they did nothing under Cal's watch.

Z simply needs to get tougher, if he wants to have a future. If his personality is “soft” … he may never make it to the NBA. All season long, I questioned his toughness by simply watching him set screens. They were very timid, not solid, suggesting he avoids contact. Gotta get tougher … as he has fundamental ball skills.

Dude, yes, the fans paid for the billboard. He wants to play for the coach he is most comfortable. Let him live his life.

Reactions: jbne222
Yeah, Cal shit all over us, idgaf anymore. Take it to the Arky board. Dude made over 100 million here.
How much of the 100 million did he steal from here? Any how I’ll be glad when the full transition is completed…

If they want to go to Arkansas and suck just as they did at UK, don't just let them go, help them go. lt is time to win the right way. If it takes a while to change the vector that Cal created, so be it, but it isn't Marks fault that we are in this mess. This mess occurred under Cal's watch. The fact that these guys put Cal over the university is the reason that I am glad that Cal and the players are gone. If you really believe in Mark, you should be equally glad they are gone because it is obvious they aren't representative of what Mark wants to bring back to UK.
Let’s not pretend NIL won’t produce the same attitudes. It’s producing a new type of attraction to recruits.

Don't forget the fact that Cal clearly didn't want to play big Z. And doesn't know how to use him. He begrudgingly put him in at end of the season. No hard feelings toward Big Z. He would be better off staying at UK or going somewhere else besides Arky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT