ADVERTISEMENT

Caliporky

that's all folks profile GIF

CALARKY has a ring to it!

Seriously, there is a twinge of pain in this good-natured ribbing of someone whose first 6-minus-1 seasons were so exceptional. I wish him well but hope-in-Pope that we wallop the Razorbacks when we meet. Go ‘Cats!

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
CALARKY has a ring to it!

Seriously, there is a twinge of pain in this good-natured ribbing of someone whose first 6-minus-1 seasons were so exceptional. I wish him well but hope-in-Pope that we wallop the Razorbacks when we meet. Go ‘Cats!
They were not exceptional. Had he not had guys come back for the 2011-12 season, he's looking at ZERO titles in a 15 year period with that much NBA talent. People fell in love with his recruiting classes, and rationalized away his bad coaching.

They were not exceptional. Had he not had guys come back for the 2011-12 season, he's looking at ZERO titles in a 15 year period with that much NBA talent. People fell in love with his recruiting classes, and rationalized away his bad coaching.
They were exceptional. He gave those talented teams the PT they needed to develop and because of it we had one of the best six-year runs in NCAA history. Then K got into one-and-done and Cal was outmatched. Just like the individual games, he never adjusted.

They were exceptional. He gave those talented teams the PT they needed to develop and because of it we had one of the best six-year runs in NCAA history. Then K got into one-and-done and Cal was outmatched. Just like the individual games, he never adjusted.
They were not exceptional. He had an NBA pipeline going that masked his poor coaching. Any decent coach out there wins the title with the 2014-15 team, and doesn't nearly piss away the lead in 2012. He out-talented everyone, until he couldn't. Coaching was never a factor. Had it been he wouldn't have told the media that he was glad the title was over with, and then started talking down to the fanbase.

They were not exceptional. He had an NBA pipeline going that masked his poor coaching. Any decent coach out there wins the title with the 2014-15 team, and doesn't nearly piss away the lead in 2012. He out-talented everyone, until he couldn't. Coaching was never a factor. Had it been he wouldn't have told the media that he was glad the title was over with, and then started talking down to the fanbase.
Look at the tourney wins.
2011, down EIGHT at halftime to WV. The wars with Ohio State and UNC. With Jorts at center.
2012, beating Indiana with AD out almost half the game, then beating three national championship winning coaches in succession.
2014, you can't win four straight games against well coached teams with just talent. He should get credit for sticking with the Harrison's all season.
2015, 38-0 in a power conference, beating a WV team that pundits said would give us fits 78-39. The Notre Dame game.

Look, Cal's coaching the last five years was indefensible. I'm of the belief (and Oscar Combs agrees with me) that once Cal made the HOF and Pitino was run out of Louisville, Cal got lazy.

But let's not act like he was an empty chair those first six years. As Tom Cream said, it took a special coach to manage all the egos of those five stars and get them to play together.

(CALARKY) Rhymes with malarky, and both mean the same thing.
;) Has a ring to it, doesn’t it! Can imagine using it after a sound byte (“I haven’t seen him,” “they’re not robots,” “they’re young,” “they’re inexperienced on Zone”) — I might say, “That’s a bunch of CALarky!”

• Haha
Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Cringe worthy. Lot of grad school level humor from SUPPOSED grown adults. Sad thing is, they think they are funny. LET IT GO, he is GONE. Maybe spend some of that energy applauding our new coach and maybe get behind OUR team instead of wasting time with childish nicknames that are not even remotely funny. OBSESSED with a former coach we all wanted gone is not a good look.
I am hoping for a couple new additions to our team not even thinking bout Cal and what he is doing. But that is just me, I quit the grad school stuff,,, in grade school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT