ADVERTISEMENT

Caliparis possible departure won’t solely be based on

I read a few comments on Facebook last night from a guy who said he was hired by UK to do some work at an event Calipari was hosting and apparently the coach was publicly rude and condescending to him. Guy was not a fan. Lol. No idea if that happened but, it was claimed.

However, I suspect what the OP was talking about is Calipari's relationship with Mitch and donors.

Wins and losses.
Many other factors are involved here and I think most of you have heard them.

That may be the thing some outsiders won’t completely understand.
No kidding. I think most everyone understands that.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I read a few comments on Facebook last night from a guy who said he was hired by UK to do some work at an event Calipari was hosting and apparently the coach was publicly rude and condescending to him. Guy was not a fan. Lol. No idea if that happened but, it was claimed.

However, I suspect what the OP was talking about is Calipari's relationship with Mitch and donors.
This shouldn't surprise anyone and I have heard similar stories like this that even involve the schools biggest boosters. Cal is JERK to anyone that doesn't kiss his _SS!!

The biggest problem Cal has is he has BURNT all of his bridges with most of the administration and boosters at UK. His arrogance and narcissism allowed him to put ALL of his future success OR failure SQUARELY on his OWN shoulders and he has FAILED miserably. So he is now an island among himself.

The HUGE contract should have made him MORE loyal to UK, but it actually did the OPPOSITE. Now Mitch is on the hook for fixing the mess he created!!!

Happened to me at his book signing. He was never private about his dislike of the fans honestly. He calls us crazy and Bennies all the time (did it at the book signing) and he doesn’t mean them as compliments

As an old man, a common description I have heard all my life to describe someone like Cal who become rich and famous and acts above us common folk in Ky is " he has gotten the bighead".

Episode 1 What GIF by PBS

Wins and losses.
Many other factors are involved here and I think most of you have heard them.

That may be the thing some outsiders won’t completely understand.
To me it is Wins and Losses. The other stuff is fluff.
Last 4 years, 1 historically embarrassing season, 2 embarrassing endings, and 1 disappointing ending.

Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT