ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari versus Sutton

CatPhight

All-American
Nov 15, 2008
Beaver Lick
Head-to-head ineptitude...

n3vb9of.png

Not only was Sutton a drunk but he also was one of the most unethical people I have ever met. He let Eric Manuel take the fall. For me, that was as low as almost any coach could go.
Also tried to throw Casey under the bus, but he was smart enough to lawyer up.

I also have heard that Sutton’s issues ran a little deeper than alcohol, but can’t say I know for sure.

We’d do have a pattern here.

Great Coach, Good Coach, bad coach w/ alcohol issues (repeat)

Rupp, Hall, Sutton

Rick, Tubby, BCG

Cal could encompass all if it keeps up
(Was great, then ok, now just bad….no alcohol issues though)

Reactions: Titpwhami2014

Rupp, Hall, Sutton

Rick, Tubby, BCG

Cal, no alcohol issues? Maybe, maybe not. He does have a beer gut though.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Had a buddy that delivered pizza when Sutton was here. They would fight over delivery of the pizza to him. He said if pizza was 19.95 you better give Eddie his nickel back he said zero tip!!

Eddie’s style of ball was pretty boring though. Just like tubby. No entertainment value. Can’t imagine being a fan of teams like VA and Cuse.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Cal, no alcohol issues? Maybe, maybe not. He does have a beer gut though.

Rupp, Hall, Sutton

Rick, Tubby, BCG

Good observation. Just call it a “consumption problem” and the pattern fits. Doesn’t matter if it’s Dunkin’ Donuts or Jim Beam.

I would rather watch a Sutton win than a Cowpatty loss
At UK, Sutton benched players for shooting before there were at least 4 passes on offense. Most of you obviously are not old enough to remember him coaching. He once got so mad at officials while coaching Arkansas when losing by tons that he left the court. When the team came back to make it a game, he came back from the locker room. They should not have let him back on the court. He abandoned his team.

At UK, Sutton benched players for shooting before there were at least 4 passes on offense. Most of you obviously are not old enough to remember him coaching. He once got so mad at officials while coaching Arkansas when losing by tons that he left the court. When the team came back to make it a game, he came back from the locker room. They should not have let him back on the court. He abandoned his team.
I’m old enough! Sutton’s 4 pass offense was no worse than the Cowpatty weave.

Also tried to throw Casey under the bus, but he was smart enough to lawyer up.

I also have heard that Sutton’s issues ran a little deeper than alcohol, but can’t say I know for sure.
He also conspired with the San Francisco AD to have Jesse Evans (USF coach) to take a leave of absence in the middle of the season so he could come in and get his 800th win. He’s a pos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT