ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari blaming Tyler for 20 + points giving up...

.. and another thing. What does Herro's struggles have to do with KJ? and vice versa. KJ sucked too for a lot of this game. Seems posters (not saying you) still have some Herro vs. KJ issue, and sadly, it seems to stem in part because of their race.

This fanbase annoys me sometimes. more than any of my other teams.
Your take sucks, Rev. Sharpton.

...threes?

Cals more clueless than I gave him credit for.

Herro was incredible defensively.

Hagans sucked and Johnson was even worse defensively, but Cal blames Tyler?

Wow.
Herro got burned several times in the first ten minutes of the game. Cal even benched him at one point. He carried us after that though, more than making up for his soft D early in the game.

The first half was such a shit show I find it totally impossible to pick out 1 player and point at . We had 12 or so TO's ! None of which were Tylers ( maybe 1 ?) So while I know Cal isn't clueless I hate his " coach speak " sometimes . At least what he chooses to go public with and what should stay in locker room, IMO . Guy won the game for us and he's the guy that gets ragged on ?

...threes?

Wow.

I'm pretty sure Cal was talking about Herro's 1st half defense on Joe when he gave up like 4 open threes.

That's probably around the same time of the game where you made your "this is embarrassing/ pathetic thread"......

...threes?

Wow.

Did you watch the first half? there was a reason we made a run in the second half and it ALL started with defense - that’s been the case ALL YEAR.

Cal’s not god, but it’s pretty apparent he knows what he’s doing. He’s always challenging his players to promote growth and development.

He’s trying to keep the jealousy out of the team chemistry. By calling out Herro now, it’ll soften the blow tomorrow when every pundit will claim Herro the reason for the win tonight.
Tough shvt
What about when it is pj playing good and basically won the game? All you hear is best player in the country blah blah. But when it happens with Tyler all the sudden he has to tip toe around and make up stuff to appease the other players?

Tyler seemed to respond pretty well to the coaching and yes his man was getting lose on him and got off to hot start.

Tough shvt
What about when it is pj playing good and basically won the game? All you hear is best player in the country blah blah. But when it happens with Tyler all the sudden he has to tip toe around and make up stuff to appease the other players?

And when PJ was dominate Cal still got on him to do more.

Tough shvt
Why are yall arguing a completely fabricated point? Where does this jealousy BS come from? You guys completely made that up.

Reactions: minjo
Tyler’s man (Joe) hits a couple of threes and Cal is upset with his defense. Question: How do you stop a guard who is as quick as Joe from hitting a step-back three. If you over-play, he blows past you and we have no one on this team who rotates over quickly enough on defense to stop a drive to the basket. Occasionally, Richards or EJ will block a shot but that’s about it. How many charges do we take per game? 1 if any at all.
I agree with many of you that for whatever reason, Cal was just trying to motivate.
Problem is, without Herro on the floor, our half-court Offense, if you want to call it that, goes in the toilet.

Reactions: Stonewall12
It’s title or bust. Cals not gonna treat his best players like they just won it all after they have a good game. Hall of fame coaches coach their best players harder than anyone and don’t give them any slack. Look at how miller handles Langford at Indiana, scared to death to even criticize him. I hate coaches who are scared to coach their stars. I’ve seen cal tear into AD before and I can’t stand poppivch but I’ve also seen him tear into Tim Duncan. It’s what big time coaches do, it separates them. Remember when cal didn’t compliment Jorts on his 20 rebound scrimmage? We seen what happened there.

Tyler’s man (Joe) hits a couple of threes and Cal is upset with his defense. Question: How do you stop a guard who is as quick as Joe from hitting a step-back three. If you over-play, he blows past you and we have no one on this team who rotates over quickly enough on defense to stop a drive to the basket. Occasionally, Richards or EJ will block a shot but that’s about it. How many charges do we take per game? 1 if any at all.
I agree with many of you that for whatever reason, Cal was just trying to motivate.
Problem is, without Herro on the floor, our half-court Offense, if you want to call it that, goes in the toilet.
It blows my mind how hard it is for Cal to give Herro any credit.

Imagine if Keldon or Hagans played that game vs Arkansas? Cal would of run out of adjectives to describe their play. But the first thing he does when asked about Herro? He runs him down.

Blows my freaking mind

Blows my mind how hard it is for Cal to give Herro any credit.
Dude, Karl Anthony Towns is one of the best players to ever put on a Kentucky uniform and Cal didnt say a positive word about him for 30 games. The game where he photo bombed Cal in the postgame, it was so funny because Cal was crushing him the whole time he was doing it in the post game interview, he was standing there because he was the player of the game. That's just Cal's style, I know yall REALLY love Herro but dont make this something it isn't.

Last edited:
I thought I would wake up this morning and laugh about Calipari’s pathetically stupid comments after the game.

Instead, I’m more pissed off about it than I was last night.

John, how about drawing up a simple screen to get the freaking ball in bounds? That’s stuff coaches in elementary know how to do.

Quit blaming the player that saved your ass from an embarrassing loss at home to one of the worst teams in the SEC.

Ive had my say and I’m officially moving on to Knoxville and the freaking Volunteers.

Heading there tomorrow and trying to figure out what the hell im going to do there Thursday and Friday.

Nervous? Me too. Don’t worry, we’ll figure it out. I’ll see ya in there,

giphy.gif

Last edited:
...threes?

Wow.
This is not the university of Tyler Herro

Couldn’t resist.

Tyler was not good defensively at all last night. He was constantly beat on the drive and gave up open looks. It wasn’t a lack of effort though just athleticism. That being said, we lose by 10 without him last night,

Tyler was not good defensively at all last night. He was constantly beat on the drive and gave up open looks. It wasn’t a lack of effort though just athleticism. That being said, we lose by 10 without him last night,
Who was guarding Gaffard in the second half, the 6’10 center? Must have been Herro too.

Reactions: JRCAT14
The first half was such a shit show I find it totally impossible to pick out 1 player and point at . We had 12 or so TO's ! None of which were Tylers ( maybe 1 ?) So while I know Cal isn't clueless I hate his " coach speak " sometimes . At least what he chooses to go public with and what should stay in locker room, IMO . Guy won the game for us and he's the guy that gets ragged on ?
Maybe, the point to Herro is... if you play solid defense, scoring like Micheal Jordan is not required by him or any other player. And to call him out in public to put more pressure to ALWAYS play good defense.

I woulda said it more like thank goodness Tyler scored almost 30, because he gave up almost 20...with that Cal grin.

I’m sure something like that was said in locker room

Maybe, the point to Herro is... if you play solid defense, scoring like Micheal Jordan is not required by him or any other player. And to call him out in public to put more pressure to ALWAYS play good defense.

I woulda said it more like thank goodness Tyler scored almost 30, because he gave up almost 20...with that Cal grin.

I’m sure something like that was said in locker room
If the post players played any semblance of D the second half, Herro wouldn’t have to go all Superman either.

Reactions: Blueaz
Herro was amazing tonight, especially in the 2nd half, but on several occasions he overplayed his man, gambled (and ended up blowing by someone or on his ass), and was slow on closeouts. 2nd half Cal switched him and it was night and day.

I think a big part of this is a motivation tactic, but Herro definitely had some flaws in the 1st half.

This. Tyler is the reason we won, but Cal is trying to get this kid to the league, and that is why Herro came to UK in the first place. He knew he would be pushed and that is why he is improving. He is going to make a lot of money because Cal won't accept any but a complete game.

Who was guarding Gaffard in the second half, the 6’10 center? Must have been Herro too.
It's interesting, Gaffard sat out most of the first half and still outscored every UK player in the first half except Herro. He may have not played good defense in the first half but at least he scored, no one else had more than 4 pts and none of them were playing good defense either.

...threes?

Wow.

Come on...you know Cal better than this, surely.

This is what he does. He is hardest on his best players or someone who he knows can go to another level.

...threes?

Wow.

You may have been spending too much time reading your imaginary press clipings. It happens.

Herro put up 29 on 10. Who was guarding him? My lord that kid sucks whoever guarded Herro.
In a discussion about UK's defense you ask who was guarding Herro? Dude, you're melting down. New Richie Farmer will be fine, Cal knows what he's doing. Calm down, stop implying our players have beef, are jealous, and are playing selfish and just enjoy the fact that your hero (pun intended) had a great game.

In a discussion about UK's defense you ask who was guarding Herro? Dude, you're melting down. New Richie Farmer will be fine, Cal knows what he's doing. Calm down, stop implying our players have beef, are jealous, and are playing selfish and just enjoy the fact that your hero (pun intended) had a great game.
The games are played to win. Last night, our team made the game harder than it is.

Why select Richie Farmer for the comparison? Just curious.

Reactions: JRCAT14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT