ADVERTISEMENT

Cal, with the "I haven't seen him" about DJ!!!

Has anyone considered writing articles and somehow getting them into the Lexington Herald Leader? Surely Cow reads the paper? That's where I start with this, ask Cow to explain to the public why he works so hard to protect his players that are ranked high in the mock drafts, why he doesn't play them when they're not really injured. See what his response is. The "journalists" aren't going to do it.

Morg confirmed, finally. Read others thinking it was you, this solidifies it with the "Cow" comment. Hope you are well man.

Try and enjoy this team. Honestly think Cal is going to get 3 before he gets out of here. He has one more run in him. Has his mojo back and is dropping middle fingers to his haters, not to BBN. Don't blame him, I'm sure he has been disappointed in himself and results.

I'm just repeating what Cal HIMSELF said. It takes NOTHING away from tonight's AWESOME performance.

I just posted this because Cal can't help himself. Be MAD at him, I'm just posting what HE said.

Why did you post on MY thread?
your thread..lol.... hypocrisy on Cal's arrogance and this is your thread?

Reactions: Seakat311
We dominate a top ten team that just went to the Final Four and returned most of their team and people post and agree with this...

giphy.gif

Are you suggesting that by the time the game ended not a single medical staff member had notified Cal of DJ's actual status?

Cal said he hadn't seen him. How hard is that to understand? I've learned in life not to just take the word of someone else who says, "He's better." "He's doing okay." I just went thru this at work. A client fell and was transported to the hospital. I was told by some he was really bad and others said it wasn't that bad. So, I went to see him myself. Once I saw with my OWN eyes how he was doing, I was comfortable to tell my staff EXACTLY how he was doing.

Cal has done a lot of things wrong but this example is coming from some of you who need to get a life and celebrate a really great win and even admit that Cal's game plan was superb tonight.

Cal is 1-0 against top 10 teams this week!! Haters wanna cherry pick. So I will too!! On a roll!! 1-0 against a team the CHC was hoping would beat us. Cal moved their cheese again.

As Cal says, when you throw a rock in a pack of dogs, the one hit yelps. He loves throwing rocks and listening to people scream, so thanks for playing.
You are very accurate in your description, my question would not be why is a fan throwing shade on last nights very good win ( I really don’t think the OP was ) driving some to the brink of madness but why would Coach want to continually throw jabs at the fans ?
I’m in agreement with a couple that said do you really believe an assistant or staff member gave zero updates on Wagner to Cal ? Or that he was so busy he didn’t have about 1.7 seconds to gather a whisper of “ DJ seems ok “ . He knew , he just chose to throw a jab at the fans — I hope this isn’t a foretelling of things to come , because this team is really looking awesome , totally a blast to watch . So please Cal , just leave the fans alone until you actually fix things . He has a lot of things to accomplish before he starts strutting and getting all swaggy this early .
Ps is Grom really back ??? 😂

Calipari is the only reason I can’t truly invest in this team

We’ve got an amazing group… and I think I’m going to enjoy watching them play. I’ve said before several times, I hope the talent can overcome the coaching
Oh good grief. Can no one just pause the Cal bashing for a while? Some of you act like Kenny Payne is coaching this team.

Why would you choose to post something like this on a night we beat a very good top ten team by 22 points? You must be great fun to be around when a game is going on. He said that about Wagner because he didn't see him while the game was going on and Wagner was being treated. What in the world is wrong with that?
Some would rather look for anything to bitch about Cal than enjoy a performance by this team tonight, just some sad people really

Some would rather look for anything to bitch about Cal than enjoy a performance by this team tonight, just some sad people really
Exactly. There might be times to moan about Cal but last night was definitely not one of them. Great game plan and execution. Why not enjoy that and take a night off from the bashing? Not a good look for the OP and his buddies.

Wow. We have people talking about dogs yelping while howling to the moon like huskies about the OP.

Hello pot, meet kettle.

Great win, want to see more. This was a thinly veiled shot at the fans. Seems a bit early to be acting so smug. We’ll see if he can back it up. Here’s hoping he does.

Last edited:
Calipari is the only reason I can’t truly invest in this team

We’ve got an amazing group… and I think I’m going to enjoy watching them play. I’ve said before several times, I hope the talent can overcome the coaching
Shit, coaching looks pretty good to me jit

So what.
He's not saying anything that other coaches don't think also.
Just about any coach or professional athlete will tell you privately that fans are basically a pain in the ass.
The difference is, the other coaches have thicker skins and don't emote in public.

Reactions: NociHTTP
lol this board overanalyzing things wayyyyyyy too much lol.

This is like a relationship gone wrong where now every little thing said or not said, results in a 5 page thread about it LOL.
Welcome to UK fans. You new here? That's what they do.

This board is pretty funny .. if we would have. lost night the majority of those praising him would be all for tar n feathering his ass on the steps of Rupp Arena ... the board is sooooo hot/cold on a coach . Over 1 game .. Think about this .. Stoops loses to UL .. announces hes going to TAM .. nearly everyone says good freaking riddance , but he wins that one game and the majority are like " Oh my gawd the savior has risen from the ashes". LOL. Its comical.

Morg confirmed, finally. Read others thinking it was you, this solidifies it with the "Cow" comment. Hope you are well man.

Try and enjoy this team. Honestly think Cal is going to get 3 before he gets out of here. He has one more run in him. Has his mojo back and is dropping middle fingers to his haters, not to BBN. Don't blame him, I'm sure he has been disappointed in himself and results.
Nope, not Morg.

EDIT: I reread your comment and now realize I was mistaken. I remember reading Morg's stuff, he's a gifted writer and great UK fan I think.

I'm female 😄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HagginHall1999
Which was my whole point with the thread. He is still saying that after EVERYONE knows it’s crazy to say.

I just thought it was funny, that even after our biggest win in Rupp in a long time, Cal’s going to stick to his routine. 😁

lol I think that's why he said it tho. Cause he knows. And he's probably a little bit butthurt over people calling him liars or something lol.

U know for a guy that preaches to his players to not listen to media and fans and keep the negativity away he might want to do the same lol.

Reactions: catben
Seeing as he said this an hour after the game ended, it's possible that what Cal is referring to, isn't that he hasn't "physically seen" DJ, but instead, that he's not sure what his injury is yet, the pain tolerance, how he's feeling. It's likely his way of simply stating "I don't know".

Don’t HIPPA regs come into play? The player has to give permission. Unless my wife agrees to put my name on the permission list, I know from experience, the providers won’t say anything.

For about the millionth time - NO - the HIPPA regulations are for the medical people who attend to patients. They are not allowed to discuss patient care/maladies unless permission is given.

You for example are not liable for HIPPA violations if your family member/friend tells you their condition and you repeat it. Now you FM/F might be mad at you but they can't hold you liable. Same with coaches. They probably know exactly what the doctor says and because of the relationship between player and coach, the coach will not divulge information. Also the coach usually won't say exactly what is what due to competitive advantages.

An example of what I said above is the NFL (pro sports in general). The league REQUIRES status to be given, however not the exact type of injury. Ever see a player leave the playing surface after a hit involving the legs ? It's referred to as a "lower body" injury. A shoulder or arm - you guessed it - an "upper body" injury.

Reactions: NociHTTP and catben
IMO it's not really about HIPPA but rather the general privacy of the player.

Cal doesn't like to discuss injuries. It is what it is IMO.

For about the millionth time - NO - the HIPPA regulations are for the medical people who attend to patients. They are not allowed to discuss patient care/maladies unless permission is given.

You for example are not liable for HIPPA violations if your family member/friend tells you their condition and you repeat it. Now you FM/F might be mad at you but they can't hold you liable. Same with coaches. They probably know exactly what the doctor says and because of the relationship between player and coach, the coach will not divulge information. Also the coach usually won't say exactly what is what due to competitive advantages.

An example of what I said above is the NFL (pro sports in general). The league REQUIRES status to be given, however not the exact type of injury. Ever see a player leave the playing surface after a hit involving the legs ? It's referred to as a "lower body" injury. A shoulder or arm - you guessed it - an "upper body" injury.
Thanks

Speaking of @Gromcat- wonder why he isn’t posting. His profile says he was last online 11/20/23. Considering how much he posted, this is odd (unless he isn’t happy that UK is winning). Would not have thought that however.

Which was my whole point with the thread. He is still saying that after EVERYONE knows it’s crazy to say.

I just thought it was funny, that even after our biggest win in Rupp in a long time, Cal’s going to stick to his routine. 😁
I honestly didn’t think you were trying to be negative, whining, etc. Just pointing out something that was funny.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT