ADVERTISEMENT

Cal talks NBA G-League

The most significant problem he has raised is the idea high school kids who believe they are headed straight to the pros won’t care about keeping their grades up. Won’t be a problem for some, I guess. Could be a huge problem for many,

Good luck with roster management if they start letting undrafted players return to college AFTER the draft in mid-June.

Cal is the most straight up/stand up guy in college basketball today .

Paraphrasing the words of Ric Flair no matter if you like him or you don't like him he is the best thing going today. Whooooooooooo!!!

Reactions: catben
Good luck with roster management if they start letting undrafted players return to college AFTER the draft in mid-June.

Let alone 2nd round picks, as Cal suggested...
Not sure I fully agree with him on that (the second round pick part - undrafted, sure), but he has a huge heart for the kids and I fully appreciate that.

I don'tmind college players getting a stipend and scholarship. I love Cal, but nobody is entitled to guaranteed free college. I do think undrafted players should be able to return if they don't sign deals or take money to play as pros. There are solutions, but the NCAA is anal retentive and too wealthy and lazy to do anything.

Reactions: Chase4UK

Easy fix, expand roster size. Yes, it will be harder for schools but much more fair to the players.

I don'tmind college players getting a stipend and scholarship. I love Cal, but nobody is entitled to guaranteed free college. I do think undrafted players should be able to return if they don't sign deals or take money to play as pros. There are solutions, but the NCAA is anal retentive and too wealthy and lazy to do anything.
the problem is why is the NCAA so hamstrung on the players not receiving any compensation or have any deals, endorsements, etc.. This so called "Amateur status" was pretty much eliminated when the Olympics started allowing the pros to play. Its particularly bad with foreign players who might have played professionally or received pay for play overseas, who want to come to the states and play in College, i.e. Enes Kanter. let the kids have endorsement deals, hell, let them do ads or commercials as long as it doesn't interfere with their practice or playing schedules. just don't let them wear school related attire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT