ADVERTISEMENT

Cal defends lineup

It's incredible anyone with half a brain would take Pope over Cal any day of the week. There's plenty of evidence that Pope isn't the coach Cal is and absolutely none that the opposite is true. Most of y'all are completely delusional. You think he's better just because he's the coach you have. You'll be smacked in the face with reality soon and you'll be the first of any of us to call for Pope's head.
I3FQ4O7.gif

The results were terrible as @Mike-D posted.

His coaching inefficiencies are a mile high, out of bounds offense and defense, can't compete against a zone, completely destroyed by a 1-3-1, athletes not players, rotational idiocy, and on and on.

The worst part is HE QUIT ON OUR TEAM MID SEASON. That is unforgivable. He was looking at other jobs in February. We looked completely unprepared in both post season games. Who prepares the team? The coach. When the coach is leaving in his own mind, he don't care, and the team isn't prepared.

Tubby did the same thing. It's a despicable practice by coaches.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
Butters - no doubt that you got a great recruiter/player agent in Calipari. That is his forte.

The problem was he refused to prepare, adjust and coach his great recruits in the task of winning games, especially post season games. Whatever his motivation, the last five years have been disastrous for the program. Kentucky fans were rightfully dissatisfied with his record of underperforming in crucial games.

My sense is that he will try to salvage his record and will put together some teams that will be successful again. And it is my belief that he will continue the goal of getting his first round draft picks into the league at the expense of competing for SEC and NCAA tournament championships.

In other words, winning will not be the priority at Calipari U.

So Cal has 2 top 8 draft picks come off the bench, yet starts Edwards who didn’t get drafted. So glad that that SOB is gone. 1st 10 years great last 3 were a sh… show.
Far more than the last 3 years were a sheetshow. Very early on here it was obvious what he was doing. It just caught up with him when his elite classes weren't so elite, and even more so when everyone else (except us) learned from our mistakes and stopped worrying about elite classes.

Reactions: BigBlueTrue75
Not only was he fishing for other jobs in February but he started a podcast the week of the NCAAT. And you couldn’t pay me to listen to his garbage as I hadn’t listened to him in years, but I heard his first guest was Obama. 🤮
Enough.

Far more than the last 3 years were a sheetshow. Very early on here it was obvious what he was doing. It just caught up with him when his elite classes weren't so elite, and even more so when everyone else (except us) learned from our mistakes and stopped worrying about elite classes.
I agree with this, the Cal discontent has been a lot longer than 3 or 4 years for me and my family. If you look at the talent Cal has had and only one national title, that is basketball malpractice. I can honestly say if Pope had the same talent he would have more than one national title. But it is a bit of apples and oranges because pope values different things than Cal, namely shooting, passing, and how the player affects the team dynamic. Cal valued athletic ability and rankings for the most part.

Don't forget the golden 5 star Wagner who also didn't even declare for the draft.
Torres is over there saying DJ was our best player and we never looked as good without him and he was an integral part of our most effective lineup whew!! He's smokin the good stuff, no really he's just trying so hard to build up his Arkansas subscriptions while selling pig invasion t-shirts how obvious could it be. He knows deep down and so do we about Cal and Wagner.

Torres is over there saying DJ was our best player and we never looked as good without him and he was an integral part of our most effective lineup whew!! He's smokin the good stuff, no really he's just trying so hard to build up his Arkansas subscriptions while selling pig invasion t-shirts how obvious could it be. He knows deep down and so do we about Cal and Wagner.
I don’t think Wagner was our best player, anyone saying that is being obtuse on purpose.

He was however a good guard that was utilized poorly and suffered some injuries. We needed him in the lineup assuming actual coaching was occurring.

It was just a piss poor situation all around. I wanted him to stay at UK. Not sure he would have been a perfect fit for Pope, but I truly believe he would have improved and grown his game.

I get that doing it for the team as a whole but honestly at some point in a given season you just have to go with your best, putting feelings aside. He didn't do that. And that is why everyone was "on his a**"

That being said, our defense was complete crap. It was complete crap with Wagner and Edwards in and it was complete crap with Rob and Reed in.

That team wasn't a title winning team regardless of roster.

It still doesn't excuse not playing your best and giving your team the best chance of success tho.

Looking forward to when Cal starts Wagner and Knox over Davis and Fland.
They may not start, but he will try to get them equal minutes. We played all 3 of our 7 foot centers equal minutes in the Oakland loss. Not to Win the game, but to not hurt anybody’s feelings or draft potential. That’s what will happen with those 4 next year.

It's incredible anyone with half a brain would take Pope over Cal any day of the week. There's plenty of evidence that Pope isn't the coach Cal is and absolutely none that the opposite is true. Most of y'all are completely delusional. You think he's better just because he's the coach you have. You'll be smacked in the face with reality soon and you'll be the first of any of us to call for Pope's head.
^ Still conflating coaching ability with recruiting ability. If he doesn't get a number 1, or 2 recruiting class every year at Arkansas, HE WILL BE EXPOSED BADLY. That will be the face-smacking reality.

^ Still conflating coaching ability with recruiting ability. If he doesn't get a number 1, or 2 recruiting class every year at Arkansas, HE WILL BE EXPOSED BADLY. That will be the face-smacking reality.
It's like Arky fans only want to see the 2009-2015 Cal, who had the best numbers in history with 4 final fours in 5 years with www as his bagman like coach k had w Jeff capel. The current Cal from 2015 on, is in fact the lazy neutered version that Bo Ryan exposed with guess what..... COACHING ABILITY!!!! This just can't be denied! Bo Ryan out coached Calipari who had TWO NBA lineups to use, and for the same reasons he is failing now. Many times we have been bitterly disappointed in a highly heralded way over hyped number 1 recruiting class.
The numbers prove this in the NCAA tournament there were only four freshmen present in all the players in the last four teams that made the final 4 last year.

Butters - no doubt that you got a great recruiter/player agent in Calipari. That is his forte.

The problem was he refused to prepare, adjust and coach his great recruits in the task of winning games, especially post season games. Whatever his motivation, the last five years have been disastrous for the program. Kentucky fans were rightfully dissatisfied with his record of underperforming in crucial games.

My sense is that he will try to salvage his record and will put together some teams that will be successful again. And it is my belief that he will continue the goal of getting his first round draft picks into the league at the expense of competing for SEC and NCAA tournament championships.

In other words, winning will not be the priority at Calipari U.
Never was, and even if he really wanted to win some games that stall ball pucker Factor runs off on the kids too much and it shows on the floor, every close game now, every one. Watch the last 4 years of UK we always look afraid, nervous,like the hunted or lazy because coach told us don't get hurt getting your league spot is more important than this game, the Bennies will be fine.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
What's crazy is Musselman had much better postseason success than Calipari 3 of 4 years at Arkansas. Arkansas ran off a guy who took them to 2 E8s in 4 years (plus a S16) and are acting like they won the lottery getting a guy who has won 1 NCAA tourney game in 4 years.

Congrats on them runner up recruiting banners.

Last edited:
What's crazy is Musselman had much better postseason success than Calipari 3 of 4 years at Arkansas. Arkansas ran off a guy who took them to 2 E8s in 4 years (plus a S16) and are acting like they won the lottery getting a guy who has one 1 NCAA tourney game in 4 years.

I keep saying this why don't they get such simple numbers. 2009-2015 cow is gone!! We've been waiting for 9 friggin years!!!!

What's crazy is Musselman had much better postseason success than Calipari 3 of 4 years at Arkansas. Arkansas ran off a guy who took them to 2 E8s in 4 years (plus a S16) and are acting like they won the lottery getting a guy who has one 1 NCAA tourney game in 4 years.

No one ran Musselman off lol. He’s a good coach and had some good postseason runs but his overall seasons the past two years were very underwhelming with losing SEC records, so there were some concerns starting to pop up. But regular seasons mean more to some people than others I get it - it’s all about what you do in the postseason. The tournament can just be so random and unpredictable where the better team/coach doesn’t always win.

It's almost as if historically good programs like UK and Arky don't tolerate crappy seasons too well.

Nahhhh....that can't be it. Must be all dem bennies.

What's crazy is Musselman had much better postseason success than Calipari 3 of 4 years at Arkansas. Arkansas ran off a guy who took them to 2 E8s in 4 years (plus a S16) and are acting like they won the lottery getting a guy who has won 1 NCAA tourney game in 4 years.

Ark didnt run off musselman he left to go home to the west coast and thank god he did or we would be stuck with cal

Reactions: westerncat
Every time I watch him, I see this:

Stand-Up Lol GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Haha
Reactions: westerncat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT