ADVERTISEMENT

Cal assured he can take his recruiting class with him

Cal is a middle-left "progressive". He will be much happier and a better fit in far left Arkansas. Doncha think? lol
Can we win more than one NCAA tournament game in the next 6 years without him? We wouldn't do it with him.

The recruiting game is not the same as it has been in the past. With the new transfer portal, you can build a team immediately. Any new coach will bring their recruits as well. Several of the names being thrown around, have very impressive recruiting classes lined up. You don’t think those guys will follow that coach to the Mecca? I think whatever team that we field next year, wins more games than cal would have.Ul

The recruiting game is not the same as it has been in the past. With the new transfer portal, you can build a team immediately. Any new coach will bring their recruits as well. Several of the names being thrown around, have very impressive recruiting classes lined up. You don’t think those guys will follow that coach to the Mecca? I think whatever team that we field next year, wins more games than cal would have.
Again, I'm glad he's gone.
As to next season I'm going to hope it goes well.

That was fostered by Cal when he was getting exposed.

One of the GREATEST THINGS about playing at Kentucky is that the fans LOVE THEIR CATS from day one. We appreciate the kids that want to be here and play for this program. The recruits have no idea how much. The former and current players have no idea how much, because this coach has kept them more at odds with the fans than any previously.

I think the love and support of 98% of the fans is why the teams Cal brought in did as well as they did in spite of his coaching and arrogance. Cal put WAY TOO MUCH on their shoulders every year, and you could SEE that massive weight CRUSHING some of the most talented players in our history based on how well they played BEFORE AND AFTER they came here.

Cal simply took advantage of them and gave them little in return.

(Edit- not saying you don't already know this. Just adding to what you were saying)
Y’all are still trashing players right now. Love their Cats when DJ Wagner is loathed, so is Bradshaw and Edwards, so were guys like Sheray Thomas Bobby Perry and Josh Carrier.

Y’all are still trashing players right now. Love their Cats when DJ Wagner is loathed, so is Bradshaw and Edwards, so were guys like Sheray Thomas Bobby Perry and Josh Carrier.

I get that youre triggered right now. Less than 2% of UK fans ever dog players, and many who do of that 2% only CLAIM to be fans. Cal sets all of the criticism up by playing guys that haven't EARNED the time, as evidenced by their play on the court. Calling that out isn't "trashing players."

If you ask Edwards, I guarantee he knew he didn't earn a starting spot. Guarantee you that DJ knew when and what he wasn't doing well. It's a coach's job NOT TO PUT players in those positions, and the fans knew it. Calling for them not to play when they're struggling AND hurting the team is COMMON.FREAKIN.SENSE.

It wouldn't happen if the coach had an effective strategy over the past 5 years. No one would be as frustrated and venting it if Cal had displayed any ability to lead this team as a strategist/ coach able to make the hard decisions. All he did was micromanage a team he didn't try to build AS a team.

You can tlbe given the most beautiful and expensive pieces of rare hardwoods and make a piece of furniture out of them, but if you don't use the tools you have available and just throw them together without any forethought, you've wasted all of it. You're also more likely to create a stool or coat rack than anything you were attempting to make- like an armoire, collectors edition desk, or award winning canopy bed.

It's not trashing the wood to say the person making the furniture needs to do more planning, and work on the piece of wood before putting it onto the piece of furniture.

I apologize to the regular posters that I replied to the MegC (Dobolina) troll account created Friday. I wasn't meaning to encourage more trolls. Just thought it was one of our regular Cal pumpers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT