ADVERTISEMENT

BYU Embracing NBA School Identity w/ New Coach

thedahc

Freshman
Aug 3, 2006
Very interesting that we are actively moving away from being the "NBA School" while BYU is actively trying to become the new "NBA School".

We hired Pope to get away from that and they replaced Pope to move towards that. Don't really know what to make of it all.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
That’s……. Not a smart move. Maybe one out of 500 pro prospects would want to move to Provo and follow those rules.

With a school like BYU that has so many disadvantages, I think it makes sense for them to try and separate themselves from similar schools and this maybe gives them a leg up and helps them compete in the Big 12.

Edit: To clarify they’re not going to be able to do it like Cal did (and they shouldn’t want to because it won’t work) but if they can grab some borderline guys here or there from the west coast it might give them a recruiting bump.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I don't know who made a decision or who's telling you that we're moving away from being a NBA school but I don't believe that to be true.
It better not be or you're not going to be able to get any quality players.

Very interesting that we are actively moving away from being the "NBA School" while BYU is actively trying to become the new "NBA School".

We hired Pope to get away from that and they replaced Pope to move towards that. Don't really know what to make of it all.

Yeah! Good luck with that. I’m sure all the pros are dying to go to a campus where they can’t look at a chick cross eyed.

Every NBA bound player that wants to maintain their virginity will rush there.

Yeah that shit is not going to work at all.

I can't see this mattering one bit so long as they still have these strict school rules on having any sorts of fun..
Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking. Now, I happen to agree with some of these things, but when we're talking about 18-year-olds... no sex, no alcohol, required 2-year mission...

So hey, I say great, do what you believe is right. Still, it's not for everyone. In fact, it's for a very small segment of people. The 2-year mission alone would be very problematic for guys looking to be one and done. They'd have to make a promise they never intend to keep.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

Get ready for the NBA just don't drink, smoke, have sex, use caffeine, you know be young.

Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT