ADVERTISEMENT

BYU beat Kansas in their own building. UK did not.

USMC Cat

Senior
Jun 24, 2009
So much crying about a guy who, with a roster 5% as talented, did something that Kentucky couldn't do. Yet some fans still want to complain?

Lawd have mercy...
Screenshot-20240412-082413-Chrome.jpg

he also lost 11 games last year too and got upset by Duquesne. Sounds like he'll fit in great here with the last few seasons.

0 NCAA tournament wins
0 conference titles

He will come here, and get us to a Sweet-16 in year 3. Great day for Kentucky Basketball.
We mocked Indiana fans forever about bragging about a regular season win and now we got fans trying to convince themselves that this is good cause Kansas lost a regular season game to BYU. That’s where we’re currently at.

This guy will be the guy to send us to Nebraska football levels.

BYU beat Kansas. So did that powerhouse UCF. This was Selfs worst season ever and he still made it to the 2nd round, #4 seed and a top 20 final ranking.

We mocked Indiana fans forever about bragging about a regular season win and now we got fans trying to convince themselves that this is good cause Kansas lost a regular season game to BYU. That’s where we’re currently at.

Yep. We are turning into IU, right before our very own eyes. And some of our fans are to blame, but mostly Mitch. Enablers.

Bigger win was against ranked Iowa State and Baylor. KU was a 4 player team and without McCullar, their leading scorer and main defender who had back to back triple doubles earlier in the season.
The real question is what Pope does with Kentucky level players. Let's all wait and see.

Should we hire Dave Rose?

From Twitter -

Mark Pope actually made BYU basketball take a step back from their last coach. He did not rebuild BYU.

Dave Rose 348-133, 72.3% winning percentage and 5 tourney wins at BYU

Mark Pope 110-52, 67.9 % winning percentage and 0 tourney wins at BYU.

From Twitter -

Mark Pope actually made BYU basketball take a step back from their last coach. He did not rebuild BYU.

I was actually curious how Pope fared compared to the previous coach at BYU

From Twitter -

Interesting...

Because BYU was 19-13 the year before Pope was hired.

It's good because Cal is gone.

The fact that his replacement did something that he was not able to do is just a bonus. 😉

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
It's good because Cal is gone.

The fact that his replacement did something that he was not able to do is just a bonus. 😉
If that’s the sample size that’s needed and we’re just going to focus on one game, why not look at the overall picture or last year when Pope was 19-15,

Kentucky basketball: bragging about another team's win in the regular season.

Get your mind correct.

McCullough (sp?) was out the last six-weeks of the season. It was a different KS team when we played them. Kansas also beat UConn, Tenn, and Houston before he went down.
I read somewhere earlier today (but I can't find it again now) that Self said this about next year... "‘We’ll be as good as we’ve ever been" (or something very close to that).
Seems like a dangerous comment to make to your fanbase... especially considering what just happened to Cal.

So much crying about a guy who, with a roster 5% as talented, did something that Kentucky couldn't do. Yet some fans still want to complain?

Lawd have mercy...
Thank you I said the same thing earlier, and I fully understand why he beat them and CCC didn't. Now take Popes recruiting and multiply it times 50 and more NIL money coming in AND free mentoring coming from daddy P with our best interest at heart, with a motivation to beat his arch rival. Hahahahahaha time to pay the piper CCC, you can make a throne out of bayonets but you can't sit on it forever!!!! ( Boris Yeltzen)

I am a believer in if you dont like a coach or player email the athletic director. Don't be an as on a public team board. Hope for the best.

In the WCC both Mark Pope and Dave Rose won 67% of their games.

Before entering the WCC, BYU was playing in the Mountain West.

I am a believer in if you dont like a coach or player email the athletic director. Don't be an as on a public team board. Hope for the best.
Hey, baby blue. Run along now. This is family business. Go work on your 42nd post, in 17 years. on your own teams board.

From Twitter -

Most of Dave Rose's tournament wins were because of Jimmer Fredette.

Dan Hurley's career winning percentage is 64.2%. It was 58.9% when he took the UConn job.

Last edited:

Lawd have mercy...
Look I'm not trying to Cal this but we played them in game 3 with 3 7 footers missing and a Freshman led team. They played them when they were following g apart and had injuries in late February. Nit a great comparison.

We pounded them at Fieldhouse years back, a better team and still flopped in the tourney just like BYU did.

I'm more impressed by them beating HOU.

Reactions: CT_Wayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT