ADVERTISEMENT

BVG might be the most overhyped….

He holds the ball to long. He takes sacks by moving into the defenders instead of stepping up in the pocket. He struggles with his progressions. I blame the O Line for some of this but he also is at fault.

Brock Vandagriff Mid-Season Highlights:

• 59.8 CMP% (12th in SEC)
• 951 PASS YDS (11th in SEC)
• 7.2 AVG (13th in SEC)
• 5 PASS TD (T-16th in SEC)
• 56.2 QBR (12th in SEC)

Hes a big part of the offensive issues. However.....his staff doesn't help by constantly rotating in another qb. It kills continuity and rhythm especially for a guy thats barely played.

The two qb nonsense needs to end. Cant believe it ever started.

That and the QBs, the OC, and the offense he runs is better suited to an uptempo style, and we need to run the ball, and we need to get our heads out of our assets with Wilcox, and we need better pass blocking, and our other WRs need to be developed and used, with some of our WRs pulled for a series because they keep hurting the team, and we need to use our TEs better, and we need to run the ball more instead of less.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
For how awful Brock has played according to some

Passing for 160 yards a game. 60% completion rate. 5 Td vs 2 Int. 13 yards per completion (so he’s not sinking snd dunking)

Stupid college stats included sacks…but he’s run for another 93 yards All while splitting snaps with Wimsatt (which is dumb)

He’s got Dane top 6 best receiver in sec…and Dane has had a marvelous season

I don’t get much of the negativity towards him…it’s obvious he’s playing behind bottom 2-3 Oline and offensive coach staff/scheme in sec. (Maybe. Arkansas Florida I can argue would be close)

Brock is accurate pushing the ball downfield…not a pure dink snd dunk guy. He can move his feet. Takes hit and plays physical. My main issue is he doesn’t have great pocket presence yet…but six games in…..not killing him for that

Rebuilding this offensive line was not happening overnight, and every football fan knew it. We could only hope it could be patched for a year or two. I'm pissed we blew opportunities this year with our coaching and undisciplined play, but the real root is the line right now.

That and the QBs, the OC, and the offense he runs is better suited to an uptempo style, and we need to run the ball, and we need to get our heads out of our assets with Wilcox, and we need better pass blocking, and our other WRs need to be developed and used, with some of our WRs pulled for a series because they keep hurting the team, and we need to use our TEs better, and we need to run the ball more instead of less.

I agree on running the ball with the rbs. That also goes back to rotating qbs. We need to stop. It kills pace along with rhythm and takes away carries from wilcox etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT