ADVERTISEMENT

Bush Hamdan's Family History with Kentucky & a Saturday throwback

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
So I love watching OLD games....I was watching the UK/IU game from 2002 (wish we could still play this game occasionally) and I went to this game.

Gibran Hamdan was making his FIRST CAREER START that day in Lexington at Commonwealth Stadium. Kind of crazy that his run of becoming a good QB for IU and making a NFL career started on a random Saturday afternoon in Lexington....and I'm sure his brother was in the stadium that day watching. I don't know if that was ever reported, but it's a cool full-circle moment for that family.

Also, Louisville radio shock jock Drew Deener is in UK gear as our sideline reporter. Love the old Rob Bromley games...mostly for nostalgia but it was a good time.

The 2002 team was maybe the most underrated team since 2000. Were not eligible for a bowl....had they not choked the LSU game they would've been 8-4. Artose Pinner was SEC Offensive POY, maybe the most underrated season/award winner we've ever had. Lorenzen & Abney. Sweet Pea Burns and Dwayne Robertson. Was maybe the most unexpected and underrated team we've ever seen...as they were terrible the 2 years prior....and then terrible the next 3 years....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News