ADVERTISEMENT

Burks

Paranoid to wonder if Cal will do something he has done before? lol.
Based on your paranoid opinion!

Dude, get a life! I promise you and the rest of the fanbase aren't important enough for Cal or any other coaches to worry about plotting against.

Wonder if Cal is holding off on that announcement to counter some good news we have.

It’s probably this. The next positive announcement for UK will be followed by either Wagner committing to Arkansas or Burks hitting the portal within 30 minutes of our good news. Guaran-damn-tee it.

Reactions: UK-chulo
Pattern recognition. Maybe you haven’t noticed the moves he’s made from high up in your ivory tower.
Ohh, yea. The massive pattern of having 1 player who was like 9th in minutes played and who even sat down with Pope before actually transferring to AR, where he was expected to go? 🫠

Dude, get a grip! You all sound so delusional. Cal is gone. It's time to move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Ohh, yea. The massive pattern of having 1 player who was like 9th in minutes played and who even sat down with Pope before actually transferring to AR, where is was expected to go? 🫠

Dude, get a grip! You all sound so delusional. Cal is gone. It's time to move on.

You’re the only one that gets it bro. Visionary. Super delusional thinking Cal pulls every media lever possible.

Personally got to watch Burks play in person and decent minutes at Vandy. I realize it was Vandy, both Mitchell and Bradshaw were out, but I was very impressed and he played with great energy, speed, active hands, defense (actually moving his feet), smart and engaged in the offense and scored well.

Again - just one game - against an avg Vandy team. He clearly wants to be in a rotation and play meaningful minutes (like any reasonable player), a valued player given a chance. I cannot see him following Cal - the vibe there just isn't right - he sees through all the BS of favorites play first, that some players are pegged as not an option for Cal (unless emergency). He knows he is not going to be given a chance under Cal, and will only be seen as a stop gap filler (vs a part of the team that can actually contribute).

I hope he stays - really like him.

You’re the only one that gets it bro. Visionary. Super delusional thinking Cal pulls every media lever possible.
Lol, no assistant coaches named, no recruits have committed, 1 transfer portal player that ranks 37th in the portal and was 10th in MPG and 8th in scoring and was expected to transfer with the staff.

That's some major levers being pulled!

stuck wonder woman GIF

Imagine being the outlier, the only who thinks everyone else is paranoid or stupid. Now imagine, Chroix, letting everyone know you’re that person. What poor poor little fella.
Imagine having the time to think up ridiculously illogical and easily disproven conspiracies and actually believing them, even in spite of evidence to the contrary. Welp, you just imagined yourselves. 🤣

Imagine having the time to think up ridiculously illogical and easily disproven conspiracies and actually believing them, even in spite of evidence to the contrary. Welp, you just imagined yourselves. 🤣

Isn’t that what you’re doing here? You’ve created a fiction where everything is a conspiracy rather than just discussion of basketball and related topics.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Dude, you’re a loon. You’re on a Kentucky basketball message board coming up you grand conspiracies. Listen to yourself.

Sometimes it’s better to be quiet and be thought as a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You guys are way too conspiratorial

Are we?

Cal orchestrated moves like this all the time when he was here. There were several times following a loss or some good news for our rivals, that a highly ranked high school player would just so happen to commit to Kentucky. All of them couldn’t be coincidental. Cal is a master marketer and manipulator, and controlling the narrative is his ace in the hole.

I agree that I don't think Cal cares one bit about Burks' decision to stay or transfer (b/c I don't Cal would want him at Arkansas).

However, I do think Cal is incredibly savvy when it comes to media/marketing, etc as it relates to keeping his name (or his school's name) in the media as much as possible b/c of that possibly aiding in recruiting. With that in mind, I would not be surprised if he coordinates announcements to increase exposure.

Honestly, if he does encourage recruits to "plan" announcements, I don't even blame him as it's actual a smart way to play the game. The more exposure only helps you stay in recruits' minds.

Yeah. I don't get the impression Burks had lots of love for Cal at the end of season. If he stays, works hard, great. If he transfers, I bet it is to someplace other than Ark.
I agree. And maybe ... like me ... Burks thinks Coach Mark Pope will be a great coach for U.K., and Burks just wants to play for Pope for a season and see for himself. Seems like a pretty mature approach to me.

I dont think he's much a help to getting to a FF . A body , bench player at best

I find it curious Burks has not entered the portal?? I know he has a couple of more weeks, but seems odd.
Why? Why are we assuming he wants to leave- I think what is odd is that Cal creating a culture where we became used to just that- everyone left via the NBA or portal.

Are we?

Cal orchestrated moves like this all the time when he was here. There were several times following a loss or some good news for our rivals, that a highly ranked high school player would just so happen to commit to Kentucky. All of them couldn’t be coincidental. Cal is a master marketer and manipulator, and controlling the narrative is his ace in the hole.
I'm curious - what will you guys say if Burks DOESN'T enter the portal? Or if he does, he goes somewhere other than Arkansas?

What will be the narrative then?

Dude, you’re a loon. You’re on a Kentucky basketball message board coming up you grand conspiracies. Listen to yourself.

Sometimes it’s better to be quiet and be thought as a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
I'm coming up with grand conspiracies? Do tell!

If only you knew how to follow your own advice!
Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

everyone around UK knows Cal does this, he had for 15 years and way back then even told Matt Jones and other media members he likes making moves like that for PR reasons. its not a conspiracy when the coach himself has told people thats how he operates.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT