ADVERTISEMENT

Burks gone

Link or it didn't happen.
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

If / when Travis Perry opens his recruitment, all Calipari coaches, players and recruits are bye-bye.

This is about the third thing today the OP brought over here without citing any source immediately after someone posted it on the Pay board. I wonder how long the mods are going to tolerate that.
I am not a member of the pay board . If I post something you’re very welcome to disprove it . Crying to mommy is a weak look do better

Last edited:
idk why these idiots post pictures of themselves in the UK gym the night before they transfer, big z did the same thing. Just leave lol.
Totally agree. They're groomed to be narcissists from the time they can dribble a ball. You don't want to be here? Get the hell out, and don't look back because you won't catch us looking at you. Not many are going to like this, but they're as much of the problem as Cal was. He didn't spend nearly as much time teaching them as he could have, and they're preoccupied with trying to stay relevant every step of the way.

most players go when their head coach leaves. no time to bash just move on. i wouldn't expect anyone to stay when most are gone to nba or other places. Don't be bad fans and lets be excited about the new kids we'll get.

Reactions: Girthang
most players go when their head coach leaves. no time to bash just move on. i wouldn't expect anyone to stay when most are gone to nba or other places. Don't be bad fans and lets be excited about the new kids we'll get.

Need to take the Stoops approach and not burn those bridges. Kids could transfer back after developing elsewhere if they don't get ground to pieces by the fans. Never understood the need to bash recruits or players by fans of any program

As anticipated he is gone though had just like Hart , or Z no business to go .

We lost all players from Calipari era.
Yep, I figured this would happen. I think Sheppard is the only one who actually had any affection for Kentucky, the university or the fans. The rest were just Cal mercenaries and were never taught to love wearing that jersey. So, this is exactly what I expected when Calipari left. Knowing this was once a reason I didn't want to see Cal go, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was selling my soul, so to speak. If these players are just wanting to USE Kentucky to get what they really want (NBA draft status), then why am I so interested in seeing them stick around? And how often did ANYONE that was any good stay around? It happened twice under Cal. It happened in 2010-11 because of the NBA lockout. It happened again in 2014 when some guys decided they had unfinished business from the season before. The rest of the time, guys either declared for the NBA or transferred. Why? Because that was Cal's system. He already recruited over them and promised PT to freshmen.

I agree, I’m done with these type of player mentality’s. If they leave for NBA, okay. If they are portaling, so long don’t let the door hit ya on way out .
Well you may want to have a seat, I am afraid I have some bad news for you,,,,

The players we are trying to sign are JUST LIKE the players from UK jumping in the portal. Hell, some of them have already transferred two or three times. It is not a UK thing, it is a college basketball free agncy thing. Duke has 7 in the portal. So if UK players transferring AFTER a coaching change bothers you, I don't think the New Age college basketball is for you. ALL teams will have guys leave.

It’s a good thing…..
Popes players don’t need to have conflict with Cals old players.
A TOTAL Purge and reset I’m good with.

That’s personally what I would do. Especially being a confident coach and assistants probably bringing in possible recruits of theirs.

Yep, I figured this would happen. I think Sheppard is the only one who actually had any affection for Kentucky, the university or the fans. The rest were just Cal mercenaries and were never taught to love wearing that jersey. So, this is exactly what I expected when Calipari left. Knowing this was once a reason I didn't want to see Cal go, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was selling my soul, so to speak. If these players are just wanting to USE Kentucky to get what they really want (NBA draft status), then why am I so interested in seeing them stick around? And how often did ANYONE that was any good stay around? It happened twice under Cal. It happened in 2010-11 because of the NBA lockout. It happened again in 2014 when some guys decided they had unfinished business from the season before. The rest of the time, guys either declared for the NBA or transferred. Why? Because that was Cal's system. He already recruited over them and promised PT to freshmen.
I can’t believe how many talented players are in the portal right now. Usually I would panic about the situation we are in but with so many good players available I think we will be fine.

But at UK these special kids who supposedly care so much about the program, felt it was important to hang around and "look at me!".

I thought if anyone would stick around it would be Burks. Thought he was a UK fan as well as a Cal recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT