ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl Rotation Management

Man, the Pearl and Auburn love is nauseating in this thread.
You know what's really nauseating? What our clownshoes coach has done to our program and the fact that he still has slurpers like you licking up everything he puts down.

I get your point. BUT...
Auburn lost to Florida by 15 points. RuppRafters would've imploded.
Mississippi St beat Auburn. RuppRafters would've imploded.
APPALAICHIN STATE beat Auburn. Can you even imagine RuppRafters?
And you're telling me Auburn lost those games with a completely healthy roster?!?!?

Now, back to your point. Pearl's teams always play HARD. Honestly, I don't diss the man at all. I respect how hard his teams play, how confident they play, and the size of the chip on their shoulder that they play with. Here's what worries me, other than the rowdy environment: when Kentucky and Tennessee got in that little scuffle during the game, the Tennessee players LOVED it. They RELISHED that moment. The Kentucky players started to back off, started to separate and walk away. Auburn players have the mindset of the Tenn players, if not even more chippy...
Yeah that’s kind of my point with the original post, this isn’t one of Auburn’s better rosters. But they know who they are. They have an identity. I think we have the talent to beat them and I wouldn’t trade rosters, but the disparity in roster management couldn’t be further in this matchup.

Hilarious that I saw one poster rushing to Cal’s defense suggesting all the illnesses and injuries are just bad luck. If you can see 2 deep teams in the same conference, one has had their roster healthy for every game, the other for just one game. If one can see that and not recognize the clown show, you’re kinda just a nerd at this point 🤓

Yeah, but if the argument he is one of the best coaches since 2018, that's a seven-year window. In that seven-year window he's had a losing season, and an 11-loss season, so who are we comparing him to?

Here are his seasons:
2018: 26-8 - Lost in 2nd round
2019: 30-10 - Final Four
2020: 25-6 - Finished 2nd to Kentucky in SEC, no tournament
2021: 13-14 - tenth in the SEC
2022: 28-6 - lost in the 2nd round (he did win Reg. Seas. SEC)
2023: 21-13 - lost in the 2nd round

His SEC finishes have been, from 2018: 1, 4, 2, 10, 1, 7

For comparison's sake:

Cal: 4, 2, 1, 8, 2, 3
Oats: 9, 1, 5, 1, currently 1st
Barnes: 1, 2, 8, 4, 2, 4,
Williams: 6, 13, 5, 2,
Musselman: 10, 2, 4, 9

Arguing Pearl is one of the best in the SEC would be fair. It looks like Barnes and Oats are the league standard at this point. Cal and Pearl are second. Buzz Williams is actually doing a pretty good job at A & M. Musselman, the gem of this board a couple years ago, is showing he was a flash in the pan.
Your numbers show Cal being better than Barnes by one seed. Both have a 1st place, two 2nd places, and an 8th place, with the difference being Cal with a 3rd and a 4th with Barnes having two 4th places. Going by that data

Reactions: Eight_Banners
Credit to Pearl for getting a lot out of a group that flat out isn't very talented.

Their guard play is mid-major level and they might have 1-2 players on the team who eventually sit on the end of an NBA bench.

Takes a good coach to win with that, can't imagine what type of records Cal would be setting with similar talent.

first, imagine if Auburn had Rupp Arena. They would be lucky to fill the lower level for 80% of their games

second, I don't see any scenario where Rupp would be replaced by a smaller on-campus arena , especially one that prioritizes seating for students.

They would be spending a huge amount of money to build a place for the Cats to play would be a financial loser creating an environment where wealthy elites and students have access and regular fans would see exorbitant ticket prices.

all so 800-1200 students can scream obscenities at the opposing team and hold up fat heads

All the concerns about Rupp could be fixed with a coach that prioritizes winning over his dedication to putting freshmen on the floor

Wasn't there talk about Trevon Brazile being a possible 1st round draft pick this season? It might have even been talk of him being a lottery pick. His season sure hasn't going anything like that. 9 points a game. Missed their last 5 games with a knee injury to the one he tore his ACL of in Dec of 22.

Im kind of surprised the wheels have fallen off for them like it has this season. Hate it for the guy, but suck it Arkansas.
He’s a freak athletically with a nice three point shot but that’s about it right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT