ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl love that guy

sosoblue

Senior
Aug 18, 2004
Bruce Pearl would be an excellent fit for UK. He hasn't won a Natty yet but I believe with our resources, fan base and his recruiting chops; he could take us to the promise land (#9). I believe he would accept an offer in a heartbeat. I know I would be ecstatic to have him on our sidelines. I rather have him than Drew Scott or Tommy Lloyd. His passion for the game firing up our fan base and his desire to get a National Championship yeahhh Kentucky would be perfect.

Listening to KSR. I’m warming to Drew. But the second level coaches that were mentioned today were, Sean Miller, Shaka, or someone else (I forgot) I would take Pearl in a heartbeat over the second level people. Not sure Pearl is better than Drew. One thing we have lost sight of is Drew has done well at Baylor. Baylor had only made the NCAA one time in their history before drew and he won a championship there.

Listening to KSR. I’m warming to Drew. But the second level coaches that were mentioned today were, Sean Miller, Shaka, or someone else (I forgot) I would take Pearl in a heartbeat over the second level people. Not sure Pearl is better than Drew. One thing we have lost sight of is Drew has done well at Baylor. Baylor had only made the NCAA one time in their history before drew and he won a championship there.
Beard was the other coach.

Bruce Pearl would be an excellent fit for UK. He hasn't won a Natty yet but I believe with our resources, fan base and his recruiting chops; he could take us to the promise land (#9). I believe he would accept an offer in a heartbeat. I know I would be ecstatic to have him on our sidelines. I rather have him than Drew Scott or Tommy Lloyd. His passion for the game firing up our fan base and his desire to get a National Championship yeahhh Kentucky would be perfect.
absolutely NOT ...he is a greasy, slimy, shady P.O.S.

He's divisive but his personality is a better match for the job than any other candidate. I like him personally and think he could kill it here. Not my top choice, but I wouldn't be mad.

I think Miller would surprise a lot of people.

Reactions: catzcan
I don’t get the Bruce Pearl love. His last five seasons look almost exactly like Calipari’s. A meh covid year followed by an even worse season where they didn’t even make the tournament, followed by three consecutive first weekend exits.
He's the one coach aside from Hurley who's energy and obvious love for coaching and winning would excite Kentucky fans and energize players. Drew is a flat tire. Sean Miller = flat tire. Donovan, not sure how he'd be after loafing around in the NBA for 9 years. Oats - another high-energy coach but I'm concerned about his lack of defensive prowess.

I'd be all in on Pearl as well, but only after Hurley, Oats, and Donovan said no. If Pearl said no (he won't), next for me would be Chris Beard. Shaka Smart's energy would be invigorating, but he's very suspect in coaching and seems to panic in tough spots, much like Cal.

If you got a winning record against the Caliparian you're a friend of mine. I believe he does if I'm not mistaken. I might be wrong... I'll pretend like I'm not.

Reactions: crestcat
He would hype up the fan base like nothing we’ve ever seen before. He would give it his all for 6-10 years and probably ride off into the sunset with a championship or two.
I know a lot of people don’t like him and he most likely won’t even be considered, but he would absolutely kill it here.

He's on my list, but not close to the top. A lot would have to go wrong before he gets the call.
He would have us on probation within 2 years. His desire to win would create a toxic environment for sure.
I know the NCAA have lost some of their teeth but they would hawk Bruce24/7. Got a show cause at TN.
My vote is he would be the last person we would want to bring #9 to BBN.

Reactions: catzfanjim
Pearl is someone whom I've despised as an opponent but I've always thought his energy would work here (and he's made it clear that he would love the opportunity). I doubt Barnhart would hire him but if that occurred, I'd be on board.

Reactions: blubo and KyJones64
He would have us on probation within 2 years. His desire to win would create a toxic environment for sure.
I know the NCAA have lost some of their teeth but they would hawk Bruce24/7. Got a show cause at TN.
My vote is he would be the last person we would want to bring #9 to BBN.
Probation for what, exactly? What teeth do the NCAA have these days? I would've totally agreed with you 5-6 years ago but not now.

Reactions: blubo
dc3301a-6919f7e4-0891-4217-a059-90adb264a475.gif

Reactions: ace on the river
I'd prefer Pearl over Drew TBH

Thing about Pearl is there would never be anything like we had with Cal where everyone saw Players First team afterthought. Pearl cares about the school whereever he's gone so there'd be none of that here.

Pearl is too old. He sweats too much. He took his shirt of on national TV. He's a long-time cheater.

Call me crazy, but I think we can do better.

I don’t get the Bruce Pearl love. His last five seasons look almost exactly like Calipari’s. A meh covid year followed by an even worse season where they didn’t even make the tournament, followed by three consecutive first weekend exits.
They just won the SEC tournament this weekend. Way more than Cal has done recently.

Pearl is too old. He sweats too much. He took his shirt of on national TV. He's a long-time cheater.

Call me crazy, but I think we can do better.

But yet.........we seem to be focused on Scott Drew. Don't get me wrong he's not a "bad" option but I don't know if it's a huge upgrade from Pearl or a dozen others out there.

Billy Donavon
Ulis and Rondo as an assistant would be my dream scenario.
I absolutely do not want Pearl or drew.

Bruce Pearl probably would not leave AU because he is trying to get his son the head coaching job after he retires.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT