ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks Tweet

Love it. Brooks gets it. Pope ALWAYS got it.

"This is not my team! This is not even our players' team! This is Kentucky's team!"

vs

“My first priority isn’t the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or the university, or the legacy of the program, or the greater glory of Big Blue Nation. I coach for the names on the backs of the jerseys—not just the front. My players.”...

.....he was never capable of "getting it".

Feel like I can "breathe" again. WE got OUR team back. GO BIG BLUE!!!

Love it. Brooks gets it. Pope ALWAYS got it.

"This is not my team! This is not even our players' team! This is Kentucky's team!"

vs

“My first priority isn’t the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or the university, or the legacy of the program, or the greater glory of Big Blue Nation. I coach for the names on the backs of the jerseys—not just the front. My players.”...

.....he was never capable of "getting it".

Feel like I can "breathe" again. WE got OUR team back. GO BIG BLUE!!!
I’m glad that nightmare is over. Calipari never had the right mindset for this job, and it was evident in our performance. Getting kids drafted was the only thing that ever mattered to him.

I try to give all assistants the benefit of the doubt. I’ve always felt both our head coaches in football and basketball don’t listen to anyone else so at times we have been hamstrung. I know we have had a few OC in football that are fine before or after they leave here. Sometimes you are only allowed to do what your boss will let you do. I know we were all excited bringing welsh in last year and with the offense we had it worked. Just don’t think Cal or Stoops either one are willing to give up any control even if it makes our teams better. How many times have both coaches had big leads and go to stall ball and it cost us in the second half of games?

I’m glad that nightmare is over. Calipari never had the right mindset for this job, and it was evident in our performance. Getting kids drafted was the only thing that ever mattered to him.
I thought it was funny in his introduction with AR that when describing the way he does things the first thing out of his mouth was it being about the kids. And then the AR crowd started clapping. We know what he means by that but the AR fans didn't and was clapping for a complete disaster for their program. Too funny.

I thought it was funny in his introduction with AR that when describing the way he does things the first thing out of his mouth was it being about the kids. And then the AR crowd started clapping. We know what he means by that but the AR fans didn't and was clapping for a complete disaster for their program. Too funny.
Just waiting to see how Ark fans feel when a stud is held out because his handlers don’t want to expose any weaknesses or an “injury” goes on for months!

Reactions: katwest
Wonder how Arkansas fans will feel about it if they have a Shaedon Sharpe situation and kneeling for the anthem. He needs to think about that, there are going to be things come up that those Arkansans do not like there either. As long as he gets some of the top players, he will have to make those handlers happy or else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT